1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeti cuts ties to NRA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by noeyes, Apr 22, 2018.

1. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So a business decides to discontinue as a supplier to another business.

Happens every day.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It does. But this is like Coke & McD’s. Yeti built themselves on the outdoors/hunting/fishing crew. This is some significant news. With all the recent copycats out there, you’d think Yeti would be clinging to a longstanding partner.

4. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

They did it for a reason.

It's a statement similar to Dick's no longer selling AR. Every day, there are thousands of phone calls and email to Wells Fargo, Yeti, as well as travel, insurance and any other businesses with ties to the NRA and gun makers to pressure them to cut those ties.

5. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is not about just a casual business relationship. This is directly tied to the demonization of the NRA and they don't realize what they are doing. (neither do you by your statement) Allow me to explain...

The NRA is the oldest and biggest Civil Rights organization made up of millions of members such as yours truly. The NRA has worked hard to fight against those that want to strip us of our rights, has donated lots of money for school safety, teaches kids about firearm safety, and to be honest is the only thing keeping us from falling to tyranny. The NRA armed MLK and black people from the racist Democrats, and worked hard to train black people and taught them to defend themselves. The NRA is and always has been about protecting our fellow Americans.

Now here's the part you might want to pay attention to. When a psycho killer slaughters people and unhinged leftist morons go around blaming the murders on the NRA, they are blaming me. They are blaming my friends, neighbors, family, colleagues, they are blaming the only people that have NEVER done any sort of act of violence. They are blaming the very people that will, and have stood up to fight evil and defend the rights of even their critics. They are blaming the most law abiding, hardest working, best Americans among us. FUCK THEM. The killer in FL is behind bars and not once has he been blamed by these leftist scum. Not once has the person that pulled the trigger and slaughtered those kids been blamed. I and my fellow civil rights defenders have been blamed. FUCK them. You want to blame me for killing people, harass me, and strip away my Constitutionally protected God given rights? FUCK YOU. If you want to play that game...better be ready for a fight.

A little more perspective for you...we proudly welcome in people from your community as well. The Pink Pistols are NRA members and their numbers are growing. If the leftists get their way, even gay people will be disarmed and not able to defend themselves. One of my gay friends is planning to buy a gun for self defense and I'm going to strongly encourage him to join the NRA, and the Pink Pistols. Our numbers are growing and we will defend our rights. If the left wants to fight, they will get it and turning corporations against people who have done nothing wrong will backfire.

aaronson, cav115, Imnotfast and 6 others like this.
  7. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Yeti is to rednecks as Starbucks is to hippies.

IOW, they can do what they want and no one will stop buying their product.

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself as I sit here working a gun show and watch people of all types strolling the aisles. Despite all of the marketing material the NRA sends out, I encourage everyone that cares about their 2nd amendment rights to join. The NRA gets its strength from 2 things: money obviously and it's numbers (of people).

That being said, I don't think Yeti doesn't know what they are doing. They are making a calculated business move and I'm sure examined plenty of numbers before making it. It remains to be seen if it will be the correct one for them. They are counting on the fact that a) the majority just don't care about boycotting anything and b) even if they do care, it's impossible to keep up with the actions of all of the companies out there.

Myself, if a company has something particularly egregious that bothers me, I will usually try to find an alternative but I wouldn't call it a straight up boycott. I've never purchased a Yeti product and probably never will, but I doubt the NRA thing will have anything to do with it.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No opinion of the NRA thing but there are much better products for less money than Yeti.

They probably wont go as well with your Salt Life sticker 1,100 miles from an ocean but they still work just as well for a lot less.

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

There is pile of Yeti products on the table across from me and I haven't seen one move all weekend for whatever that's worth.

XFBO likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The wife bought me a Yeti for Xmas. Nice cooler. Made in China, tho.

Field and Stream did a pretty good cooler comparison.

https://www.fieldandstream.com/arti...owdown-12-top-end-coolers-ranked-and-reviewed

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I understand all of that. It makes no difference.

[Ignoring the historical errors in the statement you posted, as they are not germane.]

A company is free to do business or not in whatever ways it seems fit as long as they do not violate any laws.

A company decides, for whatever reason, including consumer pressure, to discontinue a relationship with another business.

No matter how I feel, you feel, or anyone else feels, this is just a business decision.

You and I are free to have our opinions, and emotions, and act out accordingly.

/END

rd400racer likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Huh. Another reason I wouldn't buy their product.

cav115, XFBO, Photo and 1 other person like this.
  14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Agreed except that there are no historical errors in what I said.

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

And the first one to stop doing business with an LGBT or other favored status flaunting business/org will get that idea curb stomped in court damn quick.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Wonder how many Yeti stickers were removed in the last few days.. ?

Shenanigans and Photo like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm sure they looked at numbers. I hope they looked at numbers from people that actually buy the product, not "potential" customers. I never was one since I am not about to spend stupid money on a box to hold ice.

Britt likes this.
  18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I wonder what the percentage was of Activist Callers.

XFBO and Shenanigans like this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:D

Britt likes this.
  20. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

100%

Wonder how many NRA members are calling the few businesses that still support the NRA and pledge to continue to buy X just as long as they continue the support?