1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRF Carburator identification

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by adio1dog, Apr 19, 2018.

1. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Hi all knowing bbs, I bought a used 2005 CRF 100 a few years back with a Takegawa 120 kit upgrade, it is time for a carb rebuild, and I ordered a kit for a stock '05 bike and clearly it is not the correct kit, my question is how do I go about identifying the model carb I have? I see it is a Mikuni, and there are a few numbers etched in but they don't seem tot specific. Inside the bowl is stamped I-9N, and on the carb body neck on the motor side two numbers appear 22 3847, and also 244 5 1. Also on the carb "neck" where the throttle cable screws in is a number/letter 13 j5. Who knows how to solve this simple problem? thanks for the input..

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Post a pic of the carb. Also check BBR.

They make a carb kit that uses a xr200 carb. Google pics for reference.

That being said, there are also $40 Chinese knockoff carbs that I’ve seen countless times and throw them in the garbage.

If you have Chinese carb, throw it away. Order oem Honda carb; with 120 kit start with a 105 main.

If you have the BBR/xr200 carb then you can order a kit through Honda.

Post a pic and I’m glad to help. Check Facebook group Minimoto techline.

3. adio1dog

Thanks Rob. I will get to searching first. I will post a pic when I get back to my garage later today, if I can.

4. adio1dog

IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1080.JPG IMG_1081.JPG IMG_1082.JPG
    Thanks Rob, I did a brief image search and it doesn't quite look like the schematics for XR200 carb, so here are some pics. What do you think? how do I tell if it is a knockoff?

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Doesn’t look Chinese. Measure the intake side of the carb in Mm

6. adio1dog

40 mm around the outside diameter
    33 mm if I measure the inner rim