1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCS Florida Guys.......Called out?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Pigman, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Theducatiman

Theducatiman Well-Known Member

That’s the track I started on. Pretty fun letting the air fence hit your shoulder as you come through the infield. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Ha, I did most of my passing into 3 :crackup::D

joec and Theducatiman like this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Pocono, yeah.

Who bitches about NJMP and which track/corner(s)?

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

It's been a half dozen yrs since I've last attended an event there but right off the top of my head I can remember people bitching about the approach leading up to the underpass (bridge) on Lightning (going off track on the outside could be a problem there).

I know there was a gripe about TB I just can't recall at the moment.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

I never learbed to pass hard into t1. T3 lifting the rear whenw hard on the breaks was super fun.

6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

:eek:
    Dude was boiling lobsters in T3 at BIR right across from where we camped when I was still in a training bra.
    Didn't even meet him till I was 24.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I sincerely hope you know I was kidding.

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Yes.
    Nothing much rattles me. Don't worry.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Penguin School was contracted by Ducati NA to run Ducati REVS down at Homestead-Miami Speedway on December 1, right before the final 2017 Florida CCS event. We brought some LRRS racers down with us and they hung around and entered some races. During the trophy presentation, their announcer thanked us for coming down and suggested to the riders that maybe they could reciprocate by coming up north and racing with us at Loudon.
    John Grush of the Penguin School took the mike and announced that he would personally pay $1,000 to any Florida CCS racer that wins a race at Loudon.
    I haven't had much contact with John, but we're having our first LRRS event this coming weekend. I want to hash out the fine print with him as far as the rules. LRRS has a spec fuel rule, doesn't allow propylene glycol and grids by points. Florida CCS allows slicks in SS classes. There are probably more things to go over this weekend before the formal challenge is issued.
    And the last I knew, the challenge was to Florida CCS.

10. Johnny B

Jesus races at NJMP. He was taking out too many riders at NHMS.

[​IMG]

11. Johnny B

I worked a few USCRA/VRG events at Lightning. Never heard any bitching about approaching the bridge by anyone on 2, 3 or 4 wheels..
    The only problem there was after Turn 1, the riders/drivers would see dust being kicked up ahead of them, causing them to back off the throttle a little. When they got there they would dicover that the dust was from the go kart track next to the road course.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

It's cool that people aren't complaining anymore but I can assure you there were a handful of vocal people on MC forums who felt differently back when it first opened.

Heck, I just searched this one and there was a thread topic on it......Again, not saying I agree, for me, NHMS was the most dangerous track I've ever visited....Pocono and Summit would be higher on my list than NJMP.

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/njmp-the-most-dangerous-track-in-the-usa.265827/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  13. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Melk-Man you not up for this...................easy cash :)