1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on SV shit....

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 14, 2018.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

That 5” CBR wheel works very well with the 165 Dunlop, if that is what you are planning on running...
    I also have a stock wheel I can trade, if the other offers don’t work out.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

If you don't mind getting one from Seattle, a friend has a collection of SV wheels which might contain a rear. Drop me a PM if you are interested and I'll put you in touch with him.

3. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! Ever since a buddy crashed my SV, the stock rear rim has had a slow leak.

4. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I am actually giving the bike to a friend who is just getting back into track days. He is riding in the beginner group and so we have just been running the Q3+ in a 160. Will the 160 work on the 5" wheel?

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Just keep that wheel on, no reason to go back to stock unless you don't like look of it. That wheel will take 160-180 tires.

6. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

thanks for the info. Thanks to all who offered stock wheels, but I will try the 160 on the F3 rim. If I decide to look for a stock wheel I will start a thread.

GarrettRick likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Stock SV rears are a dime a dozen, but I'd also just keep the F3 rear and run a 160 or 165

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We ran that same F3 wheel and used Bridgestone slicks. It worked very well.

I was going to buy the wider 180 wheel thinking it would help. The tuner helping Tyler told me not to waste the money.

cajun636 likes this.