1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Twins at VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Apr 16, 2018.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ask Ted Cobb about that

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

"TUNED FLEX"

Kris87 likes this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Is he prepping one now or are we talking about something which occurred in the last decade?

renegade17 likes this.
  4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Exactly.

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Well fuck while I am asking him would you like me to hit up Blashfield about his hawk too?

6. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I believe if you wrote the technical director to open up the years on the 650R, they would do so to help fill the grid.

I wish they would allow the sv to have unlimited rules so i Could trim 10 or so lbs from the frame as well!

5axis likes this.
  7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That's probably the biggest problem. Most if not all 1st & 2nd gen 650R's have had their frames cut down.
    You claimed no one what's to ride "that turd" . I told you who rode one that was close to setting a lap record @ Road Atlanta in the Moto-ST days. You don't know shit about the bike, yet you talk out of your ass.

8. ghetto customs

Back in the day, there wasnt many options to upgrade the stock forks so thus the gsxr swap was born. Today, suspension guys have figured it out and the upgrades available are pretty bad ass! The stock brakes are even well enough to perform on par. Keep it simple, you can overdue it sometimes...

Shenanigans, Metalhead, 5axis and 5 others like this.
  9. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Yes I certainly did, good for him and the history books, and you are right I dont know shit about that bike. I am merely going of the last ten years of racing I have seen while racing the bike that wins 99.9% of the races across the country, not a hall of fame emotion.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The bike was and is not a viable option for SS rules. When built to SB specs as my endurance bike was, it was able to compete and and beat most SV's . Parrish was the only one that really gave us any competition .

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I only ever rode the stock forks. I hated the GSXR conversion. I guess it might look cooler, but that's all the benefit I saw from it.

JBall and regularguy like this.
  12. ghetto customs

Yep, Sanders and me had a lot of good battles! Those Kawis were fast on the SB platform.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Eassssy big fella.

renegade17 likes this.
  14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

First SV I ran had a '97 front end. Loved it.

Following year, saved 9lbs. and put an 01 GSX-R front end on it. Didn't love it.

:D

Kris87 likes this.
  15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Brakes?

16. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

No issues with those, but I changed pads every other weekend. I had more weight than the average alien to slow down. :D

t11ravis likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Are there enough other fast guys like you coming out to race SV's. It's going to take a couple more great riders to overcome that horsepower deficit to AP's bikes.

I really hope they open it up to allow the SV's and Kawi's a fighting chance.

t11ravis and 5axis like this.
  18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Without giving away any big secrets, how are teams taking advantage of the intake mod allowances? I know JD has a good kit for the FZ07, are the SV guys ditching the airbox, just removing the lid or what? Going as far as ram air setups?

19. ghetto customs

Rules say you have to have an airbox. They got Samuel Wang for having the pod filters on the FZ. AP has made a box with a snorkle for the FZ. Ive ditched the stock heavy plastic box as well and handmade an all aluminum with a large snorkle thatll eventually be a ram air system.

G Dawg likes this.
  20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Can one of you guy's try and get Kcraget outta the woodshed?