1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Twins at VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by Russell Masecar, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

I think he knows he hurt my feelings. I could see it in his eyes. Perfect time to mooch a bike of him! :D

t11ravis likes this.
  2. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Closets full of old leathers I'm too fat to fit. I'd have to grease all up..... Hey, where you going with this?:crackup:

Sorry Russell....it -is- the bbs. You broke your own rule! :D

3. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

As a former lightweight racer who’s owned an 06 SV, and currently rides an FZ07 on the street I’m thrilled this twins class has generated exactly the kind of heated debate and close racing I had hoped for.

I only wish they had loosened the rules a little sooner. But better late than never. If I saw anything (and I saw a lot) good from the new management this past weekend, it was their ability to admit when things they initially decided might need reappraising. Which is eons and light years beyond better than the previous regime. I’m encouraging everyone to be optimistic and supportive of this series.

4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Getting the license is not that hard, just a little time consuming. I just wrote this to someone who asked the process:

First I would reach out to Danelle Kingham at Moto America and let her know you are trying to expedite things for a VIR entry. She gave Dustin Ducote some extra time so I think that would be no problem, but he sweet talked her with his cajun accent. She's very responsive on email. [email protected]

Next apply for the license. If you go to the MotoAmerica website and go under Competitor Info, licensing, it will take you to the AMA site. The licensing application link will then take you to the motorsport registration site. They will collect the $250 for a license. Of course it doesn't tell you that you also need to fill out the Rider Eligibility Questionnaire which is back on the AMA site (confused yet?) For twins you don't need much, just a few weekends of results, so don't go crazy listing every race you've done in the past 15 years.

If you're not completely disgusted with seeing all your results in one pathetic list, you will then send it to WERA or CCS (whoever you're racing with) for them to certify it, if they can stop laughing long enough to properly sign the paper. Then you send it to Ken Saillant at the AMA and he will issue your license. [email protected]

Once that is done, you will go back to MotoAmerica and select the registration link, under Competitor Info. Then you must fill out a Single Event Application, that will have to be approved by Danelle at Moto America before you can actually register for the event. Then you will go back to the motorsport registration site and actually register for the VIR event. The good news is Danelle has no idea that you are a slow bucket list racer with a clapped out SV, so she treats everyone like they are a real pro (which you WILL be come May 5th!)

The sites and links can be confusing, so I always go to the MotoAmerica site, then go to competitor info and follow the links from there.

More good news: all of these people are very helpful and really want you to get registered for the event.

Sounds like a lot of crap but it's not that bad.....you could probably get it all done in one or two days, depending on how quick people get back to you. You will need an AMA membership, too, of course.

I would take the time to hunt down and copy all the links for you, but I have an early flight tomorrow and it's past my bed time.

Do it, let's fill the grid!

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

^ what Gino said
    Danelle and everyone i communicated with were all helpful and very nice. Even at the track, everyone was patient and helpful.

( hashtag ) ALL SV PODIUM !!!

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

What the age limit?

7. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Thanks Gino!!!

Gino230 likes this.
  8. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Need physical over 50 I think.
    No biggie, I believe we had one last weekend and he ran a great race.

gkotlin likes this.
  9. t11ravis

Your problem will be the mental health exam.

Gino230 and Shenanigans like this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Particularly with the last name McGooberpants.

Monsterdood likes this.
  11. t11ravis

Damn sure not fitting that on his leathers.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm 54. I race bikes. I think I'm good.

13. sowega

sowega #710

You do?

renegade17 likes this.
  14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I still fit in mine. :D

Cam Morehead and Brad like this.
  15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Like a Greek God.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So, we going to see you out there?

17. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Ritchie, 55 is the cutoff.....

Metalhead likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd suggest braiding it before racing just to cut down on tangles. However it would be glorious to see a beard blowing around both sides of a racers helmet :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think that is different for different classes - but not sure since my info on an age was Drebber talking about a 58 year old doc who was racing :D

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So at what point will MA allow ALL SVs in?

:D

gkotlin likes this.