1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on SV shit....

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

No idea. The MA rulebook says you can use parts from "any other homologated motorcycle." Is that what you are referring to? No idea what GSXRs are homologated.

Right now the plan is to either buy an ebay motor and put my heads on it, or swap cylinders and pistons as described before. Hate to tear apart that nice new +2mm motor but I don't want to travel all that way just to get DQ'd, either.

2. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Yes - the homologated bikes are like 2011+ if I remember right, radial brakes.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Homologated for twins class or any class? Big difference

4. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Any class - supposed to cover the front end swaps

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The sb motor being fresh is even more reason not to mess with it. News flash: used sv motors are cheap. If you never intend to use the built one I think you'd still be better off selling it and building up a used stocker

6. :crackup:

7. :crackup: again.

I haven’t clicked on this thread because I didn’t think a thread about building an SV would provide entertainment value. I was wrong. :D

8. :stupid:

No way I’d tear apart a freshly built 2mm motor just to make it stock-ish again.

cajun636 likes this.
  9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Gino, calipers must bolt on to stock location so no adapters allowed for the gsxr calipers. JE makes a 12:1 and a 13:1 fsr piston. With the dual plug heads and apex fuel, I suggest the 12:1... We popped one this weekend and I suspect detonation with the higher compression

Boman Forklift and Gino230 like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

FTFY

Pitdad42, Chris and Gorilla George like this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I already ordered a set of stock calipers. I'm looking into the pistons and tuning options. Thanks Mike.....Great Job this weekend!

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Thanks Gino. Russell and I had a busy weekend. Hopefully VIR will be a bit less work!

13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

The handy thing about SVs is that they’re so slow you really don’t need good brakes. Stainless lines, a good master cylinder and good pads really do make the brakes perfectly okay.

mike574 likes this.
  14. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

I bought a Zoran built 1st gen SV and I got the wider rear rim (for 180 tires). I have no use for it, and would love to trade it for the original size rim.

PM me if you want to figure out a trade.

I'm located in Las Vegas, and will be at most TrackXperience events, and will be at the next CVMA round.

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If that is gsxr wheel and he does not take it I will trade you stock one for it.
    I will be in Vegas in 2 weeks.

16. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

Here are some pics of the wheel.

Attached Files:

17. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Looks like a Honda wheel not gsxr

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

F3 (5 inch). Bummer.

19. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

Looks like I need to be schooled on SV stuff also. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. I am still interested in trading this for the narrower SV wheel.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

No worries mate. I have a couple of those wheels as well sitting gathering dust. Before the GSXR conversion Zoran developed, they were de rigeuer for running larger tires. I might have an extra stock wheel that I can get Zoran to transport for you.