1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bald(ing) guys: clippers or razor?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Apr 15, 2018.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

i have the typical horseshoe balding pattern. I’ve been using the No. 1/2 Guard for a while now, with the clippers set on their shortest setting via the lever thingy. However, tonight I just took the guard off and used the clippers at their absolute shortest setting. I’ve been hesitant to shave my head; don’t want ingrown hairs or razor burn.

Balding guys, how do you maintain your scalp, haha, and teeny tiny short hair?

I just use standard Wahl clippers. Are there better options made for bald guys? I’ve seen their balding blades, but they look just like the regular ones, but with finer teeth. These better?

Thx!

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Same boat as you. I still get mine cut, and lady uses 1/2 to 1 with no guard I believe. Can't bring myself to shave either. Some say to do it....it'd look good, and some say "nah". :confused: Hell if I know! :D

I'm sure I'll shave it one of these days.

Maintain scalp? I just wash daily. With very little shampoo. LOL!!

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Dye it red.

[​IMG]

G2G, Sabre699, sanee and 2 others like this.
  4. sharkattack

With the 1/2 guard, my head is basically stubble. I think the length on the guard says it’s 1/16”. Not sure what it is without, 1/32?

At that post we’re splitting hairs...

My boys make fun of their bald dad and his goatee. They call me Walter White, Heisenberg, or tell me I look like a white supremacist (in fun, however).

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Razor. I love it. Follow with some good aftershave lotion.

I was hesitant at first but once I took the plunge it feels weird not doing it. I get a sunburn the first mowing of the season but after that it tans up just fine.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    exracer941 and Phl218 like this.
  6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

“Hey, you goofy looking baldy-headed fucks. It looks good on black guys. On you, it’s ugly, repulsive, and disgusting. You want to be bald? Do what I did. Wait a while. In the meantime, there’s no excuse for running around looking like a freshly circumcised dick.”

~ George Carlin

7. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Razor and a shower mirror. I like the Headslick shave cream.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

I just use clippers with the shortest gaurd, i think its the 1/16 gaurd. I would do the shave it totally but I am way to lazy to do that daily or eveyother day.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I use the clippers, shortest setting with no guard. I do the same on my face, I don’t like the cue ball look. I got an electric head shaver for Christmas a couple years ago and never even took it out of the box. If anyone wants it the can have it for shipping cost.

terminus est likes this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Razor followed by lotion . Never have ingrown hair or razor rash

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Use sun block. LOL

Attached Files:

sharkattack likes this.
  12. sharkattack

Do you have eyes in the back of your head...?

Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Tell that to Johnny Sins :D

15. DirtTrackin221

DirtTrackin221 Well-Known Member

Clippers is where it's at. I've been doing that since high school, makes the balding less noticeable therefor less harsh on the ego.

E Reed likes this.
  16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I use an old school safety razor. Best shave ever for your face of head.

17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Same here...clipper the head and the face very short. Some razor trimmimg on the face and throat. I like low maintenance. And I'm not sure why one would have to maintain his scalp. I wash my head with a cloth just like I do my face. Easy peasy.

terminus est likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

1/32.

Did that from 17-20 and then ever since i was 26.

I wonder how much $ it saved me from not going to a hair salon

19. Rob860

Rob860 Well-Known Member

Try a Wahl Balding clipper. It will cut shorter than a std. one. I think it's easier/faster than a razor.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:Sorry, I can't help it....