1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina| 06 Apr - 08 Apr | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Apr 3, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

i'm guessing MM93 could care less, if it was JLo, they could be a suicide watch

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Going to be interesting to see if any riders start taking matters into their own hands. Will anyone step up and start racing MM hard, assuming they can even get ahead of him or even race with him in the first place.
    Can’t wait for COTA.

lightning97 likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cal who? :crackup:

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mav is unimpressed

[​IMG]

5. He has a right to be aggravated.

I’ve watched thousands of races and can’t remember anyone ever being allowed to get off their bike, push it and jump start it, then ride it around counter-race, and work their way back to their grid spot......while everyone else is just sitting there waiting (and bikes possibly overheating).

I know at least one of the officials ran over to MM, put his hand on the bike, and pointed to pit lane.

JBraun, MachineR1 and Steeltoe like this.
  6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

If Crutchlow wins a race in the forrest and there's no one around to hear it....
    :D

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

No one is impressed with maverick either

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

badmoon692008 and NemesisR6 like this.
  8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I just rewatched this part of it. After he got it started, big fat marshall guy comes up to him and they have some sort of conversation. After saying a few things, you do see him point. However, when he points, you see another guy come into the frame and it looks like he's looking at the other guy when he's pointing almost as if to be telling him (the other guy coming into the frame) to move off to the side. There's no way to know exactly what was said or wasn't said.
    The start was a clusterfuck.

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Playing the devil's advocate, do you really think Marquez would have just leisurely gone back to the pits after he got that bike started, even if the marshall had told him to?

As soon as he left his grid spot that race should have been stopped and not restarted until they got things figured out, which would have included making him start from pit row. What if his bike had a genuine mechanical problem and stalled again and he ends up getting a$$packed on the restart? In the onboard he is having to rev the piss out of it to make sure it doesn't stall again, but he's probably just doing that as a precaution.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

This thread: :dead:

TX Joose likes this.
  11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I don't know about 'leisurely', but, he obeyed both race direction instructions after that point. He obeyed the ride thru and then on the drop 1 position penalty, I think he overachieved on that one. He gave up a position to Morbidelli and then gave up another position to Luthi.

You can 'what if' this thing to death. What if he sat there with his hand raised and they started the race? Could have been real ugly.

I agree that they should have halted the start.

I also think that they should have waited for Jack Miller to get past pit out before letting the rest of the field go.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The funny part is that this is posted on page 47...

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Gorilla George, XFBO, G 97 and 3 others like this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always have liked Kevin :D

16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Maybe Kewin should read David Emmet's article why MM "ignored officials"---after r adding it sounds to me MM thought he was ok to start from his original starting position.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I don't think that undermines Kevin's position in any material way.

turbulence and crashman like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Seems to me Kevin gets it right!!!! What an amazing few years MotoGP has been and hopefully continues to be.

crashman likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, they're talking different things and even Emmett says there is an issue is with the rules.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

NO. :D