1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Apr 9, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Then you can get a six figure grant extended to you from the generosity of the United States government! :crackup:

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Where do I sign up ? :D

pickled egg likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Facebook?

R Acree and pickled egg like this.
  4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

No shit! For me, I go onto FB about every three or four months where I find about47,000 friend requests from people that I've never heard of, 250 notifications, 99,000,000 messages and figure that since there's only 24 hours in a day, I'm not going to dedicate 3 days to catching up so I bail immediately. Easy peasy. ;)

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

sheepofblue and jasonhise like this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That is not tinfoil hat...it's exactly what is happening. The swamp rats want to weaponize social media.

8. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

This would be completely impossible. Look at GDPR if you want an example.

The financial industry has regulations that requires all sorts of data to be stored for much longer periods than that. You can have one or the other, but not both.

The organization I work for never sells data, for any reason. What you have requested would be such a burden to us, and contradictory to our business needs and regulatory requirements, that it would double or triple our overhead to attempt to abide by your new regulation.

I hate FB, and have never been on it. But what you have suggested is impossible.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Curious how/why your companies' overhead is of any remote concern to the general public, and how why said overhead is more important than an individuals' privacy.

10. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Mewe.com

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Alternative???? The BBS of course!!

Banditracer likes this.
  12. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The whole this is bullshit. There is no privacy even remotely suggested on a public website where you post everything publicly about your life. If you don't want FB to datamine then don't join their site. I don't get why congress is involved at all or why they feel they can call Zuckerburg out on anything. Idiots.

gixxercurt, Funkm05 and TurboBlew like this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One word...control.

TurboBlew likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't agree at all - if you make posts on a public website then that is public info and I have no problem with the owner of the site using it. Your activity is on their website. Don't like it then don't go to their site. You have no rights to what you do on their site.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I seriously think they're stupid enough they had no clue it has been happening forever.

17. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

FB defines hate speech. They target the Deplorables.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I agree on the information sharing and privacy issue. If you don’t want anyone to have access to your info then simply don’t post it on a public. Website. Pretty simple concept.

What I do have an issue with is Facebook determining what is permissible content and what is not. Outside of removing terroist items, and actual violent post and human trafficking etc they should be content neutral as far as politics are concerned but they are not. They have shown a political bias in this area when they remove some content but then allow other content to remain. I don’t agree when they suppress content based on politics etc.

I think you do a very good job of allowing all sorts of stuff that you might not agree with and this is what makes this BBS very different than just about any other forum. It’s good to see others view points even when they are wrong. LOL. Let me decide, don’t censor stuff based on your own opinions. This is what Facebook has been caught doing.

lrrs517 likes this.
  19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Based on the line of questioning yesterday. I'm inclined to believe you. I can't remember, was there a hearing when Apple's user agreement was all the rage?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They're not only a private company, but you also use their service for free. They owe you exactly what you paid for. Your beef make sense if directed at PBS, for instance.