1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Rode the new x today for the first time. Really like this bike. Funnest dirt bike I’ve ever ridden. 7BFA975D-B427-42E0-8B27-A55C67A60D23.jpeg 22028144-5450-48D1-A164-9E7BCCA26E76.jpeg A1F208EF-7904-41CF-8989-E8127E834C4C.jpeg

TLR67, Phl218, tropicoz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Trinity Rx7

Trinity Rx7 Well-Known Member

Thats a nice bike, i was so close to getting one. But because I am a big lazy baby I got the YZ450FX because that electric start is the most wonder thing ever.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that, if I ever buy another dirt bike it will have an electric start. I rode my buddies KTM 350 Enduro the other day with electric start, and it was amazing. Street legal, lightweight, and more comfortable than my old kx250 2 stroke or the Honda 250R 4 stroke I was on.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. Used2Bfast 2

Yeah e start would be nice.. kicking it all day gets old. Then of course it’s sometimes impossible to do at some precarious spots while on the side of a mtn..at least without repositioning the bike, which may not be an option at the moment.

No radiator fans can sometimes suck too in slow steep stuff.

I’ll be at Highland Park tomorrow riding all the hardest singletrack solo.

Sat will be Moto Mtn with a couple fellow ST hounds. They have some awesome albeit challenging singletrack there, but you really need a guide the first time or 2.

5. Used2Bfast 2

Husky 250.

starting from a dead stop at the bottom. All clutch slipping action. XCw 300.

Normal momentum climb up it. XC150

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

almost done with the wife's 250fx... just needs slip-on with approved spark arrestor, and michigan off road permits, and she's good to to.

yz250fxsm.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    TLR67 likes this.
  7. skidooboy

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Where do you ride up there? My brother and I are thinking about going up there and riding the tomahawk trail system out of wolverine in June or July. Have you been there? Wondering if it's worth the drive up.

9. skidooboy

Just getting back into trail riding... we ride Frederic, Mancelona area, Harrison, Leota, Houghton lake, St Helen (lots of deep sand). have heard lots of great things about wolverine, have never rode there yet. Ski

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The Tomahawk system is the best trail riding in Michigan, it not the region. It’s worth the drive from anywhere.

11. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

12. Resident Plarp

Bah, no one wants to ride at Tomahawk with a bunch of guys from Ohio every fall.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dirt? Sand? 50/50?

14. renegade17

See you in a few weeks?

15. renegade17

All sand but most is packed with areas of deep stuff

16. Resident Plarp

No, mostly black dirt, loam and dick-shaped fires back at camp.

Attached Files:

17. Resident Plarp

Well, I mean, like ... “duh.”

renegade17 likes this.
  18. renegade17

FWIW July can be quite warm and dusty. The lake at the campground should be above 34 degrees by then though.

19. cpettit

Good info thanks. I used to go up to Indian River a lot because my inlaws always kept a house on Burt lake but they haven't had one for a couple years so now we gotta figure out where to stay. Thinking about renting a cabin somewhere with direct access to the trails or maybe just camping at a place like this: https://www.sturgeonvalleycampground.net/

I found this interactive map that shows a ton of different trails and their uses. I guess there is a long ass route called the Michigan Cross Country Cycle Trail that goes all around the state if you wanna do the adv thing.
    https://midnr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ffe1b197f0754606b8f62493a28f08ac

20. cpettit