1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Endurance Series?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by RRP, Oct 10, 2017.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Any changes?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

To endurance no, to sprints - not much if anything, to classes/series oh yeah.

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

If a race is had at the gnf, should make it mandatory for teams to do at least one round to be eligible for gnf

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that limits potential teams and we don't pay the bills....

Don't ya love business? :D

5. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

If they fail to do a qualifier round, charge em an extra 100 play at the gnf!

Biznazz!

JJJerry likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Now that's a thought!

7. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? Best of for what?

9. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Never mind. I figured it out after I wrote it. :)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I totally understand, in need of a nap myself.

ineedanap likes this.
  11. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Any idea when registration will be open?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Later.

:D

Haven't even thought about it but you could grab a form from the site and send it in any time you like.

13. curry justice

curry justice Well-Known Member

For what it’s worth, or if there’s any input from a racer who’s been in longer endurance races (6’s, 8’s 12’s, and a 24- circa 2000) they are an intriguing but all consuming task. I raced for teams that paid for most everything in most cases but the expense in money, time and human effort is astonishing and puts smaller teams out of commision a lot. We would have shown up at the track mostly naked but with new slicks under our arm but a true endurance team is a sick, dedicated breed. Wheel bearing guy has a good idea about easing back into that sort of thing SLOWLY. But it would’ve great to see a slow future return. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
  14. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

So I finally bought a modern race bike to play with (My other bike is a V1 (F250) 2 stroke). I ended up with a first gen SV. I have a complete crew of guys that are interested in endurance racing this thing. So I would say we are going to give it a go. My question is very SV specific. What type of maintenance should I plan on for it. It seems to be in very good shape. The motor pulls strong, and is very quiet. Am I going to extensively wear the motor and gearbox out? I know they are bullet proof in term of sprint races, but does this stand for endurance racing as well? I'm really looking forward to giving endurance racing a try. I just want to do my HW so that its a pleasant experience.

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

If it runs well, just basic maintenance. Put in a new clutch, fresh oil and filter, clean air filter. Make sure the chain and sprockets are in good shape. New brake pads with fresh brake fluid. let it rip

JBall likes this.
  16. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Replace the regulator rectifier with a mosfet type, if it hasn't already been done.

17. 90kacoupe

I didn't realize this thing didn't have a mosfet type from the factory. I could see that being a problem. I normally do that on vintage bikes.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

18. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Yup... there is an extension piece that connects the 3 stator wires to the r/r. I take that out and solder the stator wires directly to the r/r. You'll see what I'm taking about when you get into it. Also, I wire the r/r right to the battery instead of using the harness connections. There is a write up on svrider, if you want to take a look over there at that.

19. 90kacoupe

Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

20. 90kacoupe

Any word on the Barber endurance round?

r6boater likes this.