1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpha Brain / nootropics

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Mar 30, 2018.

1. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

My friend took Alpha Brain and said the same thing, that he also felt like his brain was firing on all cylinders. He buys a different brand now, only because he said Onnit was too expensive. I think he's been taking it for about 2 years now and loves it.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I started taking it a few weeks ago. I LOVE it.

3. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It can't possibly be better than Brawndo.

Rebel635, Odilup, scottn and 5 others like this.
  4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Rogan freely admits to taking it to offset how dumb all the weed he smokes makes him :D

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I thought onnit was rogans company

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Somebody else's idea that he got on board with.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All of the genre go back through either Ferris or Rogan. Once they get in they rotate the same guests and use the same sponsors. Recently it was Danika Patrick. They passed her around like a freshman theatre major.

8. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Weed, whites and wine. And you show me a sign...

lazlo likes this.
  9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Brought To You By Carl’s Jr.

10. shakazulu12

The thirst mutilator! It makes you do things with your fists!

[​IMG]

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I've taken it a couple times and didn't notice much of a difference, I'd try more but it's too expensive. I do buy Onnit stuff though because I like Rogan and think they make good products.

12. Kelly Rees

Kelly Rees Well-Known Member

Try a scoop of 5% nutritions 5150.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Never tried that stuff but the 4th day of a fast gets me in supercomputer mode

Prolly the same chemistry at work

14. shakazulu12

I would say that's almost a different class of product. That's a crazy pre-workout supplement, not really going for the same market.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s your brain getting all fired up on ketones and getting into super hunter mode.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Godberry! King of the Juice!

17. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

It's crazy how similar some of the legal and easily obtainable OTC supplements like DMAA were to adderall.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

The late 90’s was like the Wild West for supplements, especially the prohormones. There was legally available shit that was out performing illegal gear. The FDA eventually got serious about enforcement and it all went away. That’s my understanding anyway, I haven’t touched a supplement aside from whey, fish and flax oil, BCAAs and a multi in decades.

Is there anything decent out there currently?

19. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

updating this thread, with some feedback/question.

so i purchased the 15 day supply (30 capsules) and took them without missing a day. honestly, the first couple days i noticed a little extra focus and a little less slowdown/lethargy around the 2-3 pm hours of my work day... but as time went on i stopped noticing or feeling anything from these.

i almost pulled the trigger on the 45 day supply, but, they are expensive and im not sure if its worth the experiment i want to try. (basicall taking a 3rd capsule with lunch)

thoughts? @JBraun

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I have no idea if you develop a tolerance to this stuff, or if it loses it's effectiveness with regular use, but it seems like it would. I actually only take it occasionally. If I have to be "on" for a meeting or if I'm going to spend a long day in front of my computer crunching numbers, I take it.

For all I know it could be 100% placebo, but I don't care because that's real too.