Old abandoned dogs

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Mar 28, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My sister has been volunteering at the MSPCA (Massachusetts) Nevin's Farm for decades and her specialty is finding homes for old animals and difficult-to-adopt animals (if anyone is interested in a 100+ lb young Golden that is waaay too happy to see you for most people, she's got one).
    Nevins farm takes farm animals also, so they have everything there.

They're doing a fund-raising walk in Boston. I figured it couldn't hurt to post it, it's for a good cause.
    She works really hard at this and it would be nice if she could get a few more donations.
    Thanks.

http://support.mspca.org/site/TR/FastandFurriest/General?px=1835981&pg=personal&fr_id=1883

roscoe.png

G2G, Wheel Bearing, MachineR1 and 2 others like this.
  2. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Has anyone PM’d Broome yet?

Shenanigans likes this.
  3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Just tell Broome some drunk asshole wants one and he'll take them all just to piss someone off!

badmoon692008, neckbrace and dtalbott like this.
  4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'd take that chocolate in the picture if it wasn't 350 miles away.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Just send out the bat signal ... @Chaotic :D

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Wow, no shit, first thing on google images.

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. Man this is killing me. I purposely tried to avoid opening this thread because I knew I’d want to fix their lives.

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do it.

9. I especially feel sad for older (and bigger) dogs because most people don’t want them. I’m scared they will go the rest of their lives without a family, simply because of their age and size.

They can’t help it. It isn’t their fault they are big. It’s not fair. :(

Shenanigans and DucatiBomber like this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do it x 2. There's certainly worse things to spend money on.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Life often isn't

12. In Your Corner

My sister also brings them home. At one point she had 5 dogs and seven cats and a guinea pig. My mother had a MIL apartment in her house and she had some also. God only knows how many she's had over the years since many have little time left when she takes them.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Funds sent

14. In Your Corner

My sister says thank you. And Simon.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What are the funds being used for? I don't typically like to give money to stuff like this cause you never know.....I generally like to go buy a shit ton of toys or several large bags of food and drop those at the shelter.

Oh, and her goal is only like $390 bucks....ugh, the WERA peeps will crush that. She's gonna need to step up that game. :crackup::crackup::Poke:

16. In Your Corner

The money is for food and medicine and spaying/neutering, whatever doesn't get donated.

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

“Stella” is my newest lover. A local shelter had her surrendered when her owner had to go into assisted living.
    When the shelter asked if I had really adopted 13 dobe’s as I stated on my application, and I started producing pictures, the deal was sealed. She was 92# when I got her home. SUPER smart, eager to please, and excitable as they come !
    Did I mention that my buddy Major (avatar) really enjoys his new partner in crime ? That 9 y.o. plays until the just fall asleep. She was an indoor dog, and watching her prance (trying to keep her feet dry) in the tall grass (while it was raining) was hilarious.

Attached Files:

18. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about vintage racers

19. I can’t take in anymore animals right now. :(

But hopefully the donation will help.

Shenanigans likes this.
  20. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

i see this and want to find one but with three already i would be out of a home my self if i took more. where do you send money .probably overlooked the address.