1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V-4 2018

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Harry V. III, Dec 29, 2017.

1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

The tail sez 550, the side panel sez 650 . . . knowing Eboz, I'm thinkin' 750 cc is probably pretty close to what is really in that engine. After all, it is a "middleweight" . . . .

That swinging arm doesn't look stock, or period, or anything remotely KZ-ish.

Piggyback shocks? They definitely look post-period. I'll bet they have all sorts of adjustments. And, I suspect that if one were to peak inside the forks . . . . Hmmmm, that Cagiva is gonna be even heavier with all the paperwork and protest fee money it'll need to be totin' . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is possible to put 900 jugs and heads on a Cagiva bottom end . . . . Might need to bore the cases . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Dave, 750 that's funny, why would I waste my time with such a small increase in displacement. LOL Now a true story, I may be the only WERA competitor to protest myself at the GNF which cost me a national championship.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Gotta be able to live with yo' self . . . .

As for the displacement limit, there is only so big you can go with those 4 cylinders livin' in those cases. You see, that's one of the nice things about V-twins . . . you can stuff some pretty big jugs in the cases . . . just ask Charlie Mavros . . . . :crackup:

If I can ever sort the jetting on my Elefant, I'll return to the 750 Cagiva project. I've been thinkin' about it long enough. Time to shake up a Martini and get inspired to do some wiring.

Cheers,

Dave

5. Outsider V6 V7

In other words I don't cheat like Vanderlindengerberstein. You know how he is running that stock engine on pump gas. When I talked to him this weekend he was actually training. I mean don't we have some kind of rule against that crap. He did agree to smoke a cig before he went for his bike ride so maybe there's hope for him.

6. Outsider V6 V7

Hey Dave, mix up two martini's and when you finish your wiring head on over.

#156 Well-Known Member

when did they make carbs out of paper towels

8. Outsider V6 V7

super light weight 3D printed. Wow, you have been gone for a while. LOL

#156 Well-Known Member

hey boz will be glad to have someone to race with. wish you would have done this ten years ago

10. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

Does let Dave fool you..He is an ultra marathon ironman champion. Bicycles 100 miles just for a warm up.

11. Harry V. III

Harry V. III Well-Known Member

DON'T let Dave fool you........

#156 Well-Known Member

Bike is coming along good . Can not wait for road a in june. I started bike yesterday for first time in a year. It was so ready to go it ran right out of garage. Oh , I forgot to put it in neutral ! I guess I'm getting old. I'm going to moto gp race in texas tomorrow. Hope to see some friends there , if I have any.

13. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

We are on the road to MotoGP - Austin. In Natchez, MS tonight.

Cheers,

Dave

14. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I am in Austin, find out to day what corner I will be on, got a gig to work as a Track Marshall so it will be up close and personal.

pscook likes this.
  15. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Wow. I think you're my new best friend. If I could walk without gimping my way, I'd be in Austin as your valet. Enjoy yourself. Sounds like you have a million dollar seat.

16. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Please give Mark Williams my 3" bore gauge. It is the best hope I have of ever getting it back . . . .

I've waited a year, and I still don't have it.

Cheers,

Dave