1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another High School shooting - MD

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Growing up Cincy PD also did the schools, no special cars or the like. GA seems to be different on that score.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The title said MD..........but thats St.Marys......a whole other type'o place, that thar countee.

4. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Any word about the kid that went on a stabbing spree at a school in Pa today. 21 injured.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Impossible that would be illegal for him to possess.

BHP41 and R Acree like this.
  6. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Correction, the stabbing in Pa happened last year, he was just sentenced.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Probation and have to write a letter of apology for not feeding the anti-gun lobby?

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'd argue he did feed the anti gun lobby - 21 stabbed and no fatalities... :Poke:

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So he sucks at everything.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. And to add, he was in a "gun free zone." The whole thing was doubly impossible. :eek:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Except as Mongo pointed out, it's statistically unnecessary.

"School resource officers" were a kneejerk reaction to Columbine. the result isn't safer schools, it's that kids are getting arrested for shit that used to result in a couple of detentions. Weed in your car? arrested. get into a fight? arrested. spit in the teacher's coffee? arrested.

I'm all for holding kids accountable for their bad behavior and/or violation of school rules, but SROs have made the administrators lazy. Rather than dealing with anything internally, they call Joe Resource Officer and make him do it. Yes, he comes in handy the .0000000001% off the time there's a shooter at the school, but schools and school campuses are pretty large buildings. The odds of the SRO being right then when shit hits the fan are low.

I'm glad this MD officer was close by and able to step in, but more resource officers won't magically have the effect people seem to assume.

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

few knee jerk reactions ever do.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The headline should be "School shooter stopped by armed guard."

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Has any helicopter parent ever sued the cops that arrested Little Johnny or Sweet Jane for being fuckheads?

How many school districts have been sued because some school employee dared lay a hand on their precious snowflake?

Fuck parents, fuck lawyers, put a cop at every fucking door and let assholery have consequences.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, SRO's have been around long before Columbine. SRO's have nothing to do with administrators being lazy or parents being morons. They have nothing to do with the idiotic policies being put in place to keep children from being punished when they do wrong. Kids should be arrested for breaking the law whether there is an SRO or not. Wed in your car was never just detention, nor was spitting in a teachers drink or fighting depending on the fight.

Basically sorry but nothing in your post is based in reality.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yup, also Columbine had a SRO or deputy on campus.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We had them 2 decades before Columbine and they were far from new at that point.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I never attended a school that had a cop there. The few times it was necessary to have someone arrested they called the cops like everyone else.
    The adults there just didn't put up with any shit from the students.
    If it were necessary to have cops stationed where you work to protect employees from one another, would you consider that a well-run place of business?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've worked plenty of places with security. Hell, every time I'm at the track there is security on site.