1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Does Walmart have worse shit than say Best Buy?

In other words, if they both list a “70” 2160p 4K Ultra HD” TV of the same brand, will the one in Walmart be lower quality or have lower spec shit inside?

Or are they all the same?

Sorta like how Payless shoe stores will sell Nike shoes, but they aren’t the top notch shit you get in Champs or from the Nike website.

2. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart just won’t have higher end stuff, but the models they do sell will be the same as anywhere else that sells those models.

sbk1198 and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Ah ok.

So the same model TV will be the same everywhere, but Best Buy will have better TVs that Walmart doesn’t carry.

That makes sense. I can work with that.

4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Yep. For example, WM will have the 6000 Series Samsung, where BB will also sell the 8000 Series and 9000 Series.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If there's a Microcenter near you, check them out too. Just picked up a Samsung 8000 65" for $899.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Not always true, but thats probably typical.

You'll find Walmart will have a 6230 (for example) while Best Buy will have a 6000 model... difference might be lower price, but at the cost of inputs, outputs, or 'smart' functionality. The actual LCD panel will be the same though.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just search by the particular model number on their website. Sometimes there are some models that are sold specifically to particular big box stores, so if its a unique model number than you can't find sold anywhere else then that's what you're looking at....and sometimes those are lower spec than a similar widely offered model. But if you are looking at a model number that is identical to the one being sold at BB or Microcenter or Fry's etc then its same same.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Make sure to buy one that looks like a vulcan space craft with at least 12 antenna sticking out of it. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. I’ve never heard of those. Don’t reckon we have one.

10. :crackup:

If they have one, I’m all over that shit. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just buy from Crutchfield. I'd have to get it delivered by worst buy anyways 'cause most tvs are too big to fit in my mazda so I just save myself time. Prices are close enough and with free shipping it comes out close enough.

Jesse likes this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere a couple of years ago that some "brand" TV's are made specifically for Walmart. For example brand x model 1 sold at Walmart will not be the same specifications as the same TV sold at somewhere like Best Buy etc.

Don't know how true that is though.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

usually for Christmas time Black Friday, that could be true.

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

the only time Walmart has 'different' TVs than anyone else is for black friday.

Vizio is Walmart's house brand. Element is Target's house brand.

Nearly everyone's screens are made by LG (or were last time I really researched it...)

Wife bought me a 55" black friday TV. It was $300. It's not the greatest, and I don't expect it to last very long - but at the rate TV prices have dropped and sizes have increased, it's practically disposable.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Vizio is NOT Walmart's house brand.

Chris get a 4K OLED screen with HDR. Nothing comes close. LG probably makes the best version of it right now.

G 97 likes this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok let's watch the Star Trek v. Star Wars crossover here, it's a slippery slope.

:D

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Where'd you get this info? :p

Vizio is not walmart house brand, and while LG does make screens for others they are not the only one.

Hisense bought Sharp Residential manufacturing, distribution, and brand a while back.

Samsung just recentyl signed up for LG panels... last year I think.

AU Optronics does a lot too...

Anyway, this might be interesting to some.
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/panel-lottery-samsung

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is your position that you can't put a vulcan space craft in the deathstar? :D