1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Qatar Race | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Some people have a face for radio...

TurboBlew, BigBird and Ian178 like this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's probably the jeopardy syndrome*. You know those smart people who always get all the questions right sitting on the couch, but when they go on the show they choke and can't perform.

There are a lot of people who could probably do a great job as a pit lane reporter, have wonderful insightful questions, and witty responses if there was a tape delay and retakes. Put even the best people on the spot in a live race, with all the noise and commotion and they suddenly become tongue tied, and get brain freeze. I know I could do a much better job than Simon from my couch. Not sure I could do a better job from pit lane though.

I agree though, it was painful at times. Dylan was really good at it. Maybe they can get Greg White.

*I just made that up.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Because it's the beeb. NO ONE here has ever sucked at their first attempt at something new. Not ONE person here. We are Gods....we pass judgement as we see fit.

Lol

MachineR1, 418, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Oh and by the way, I don't even know who we're talking about lol.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He can't hit apexes, either.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, he sucks on murderbikes...

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. heytchap

heytchap Well-Known Member

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You work in showbiz?

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Very wierd, as Duke in English translates to Duca in Italian.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Is that the new pit lane commentator? If so, he was painfully awful to listen to.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

He's equally painful to hear in all of his tutorial videos all over the internet. It's not something he can work on and get better, they just need someone a lot more fluent,that's it, nothing more,, nothing less. The guy is great but not the right guy for this job.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

It happens. One of my teachers in high school got on jeopardy and got murdered. It was painful. She said after the show she knew a lot of the answers but just choked in the moment. She said one of the assistants said "just don't think about the millions of people watching" before the show, and that was all she thought about. LOL

That being said, I would have assumed that MotoGP could pick off someone that has done a high profile trackside announcing job. I've never heard a tire selection list that actually got me more confused on tire choices before. I definitely like a trackside guy who is a rider and a MotoGP guy is even better but maybe someone quicker on the mic would be best :/

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Not recently. But I did for a while.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Dovi right now [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

But it wasn't broken. The last guy was great unless he quit to go somewhere else, then why replace him with something way worse. And yeah the comment about tire selection is spot on, I was so confused when he tried to explain it my wife and I both were going, huh?

I'm glad to have Nick Harris gone. The last few years he's been getting goofy. He says stuff that's wrong, misses a lot of things happening, and seems to just be getting slower. It was frustrating seeing smoke pour out of an engine and the commentators not even seeing it.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I miss Julian Ryder and Toby Moody....

mike574 and pscook like this.
  18. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Dylan Grey was great. I was standing behind him in the pits during last years COTA for the start of the MOTO2 race. He was taking notes feverishly. He must have ran up and down pit lanes 5 times while I was there. True pro. Sucks he left.

19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I liked Jonathan Green

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup: