1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas living? Pros? Cons?

Discussion in 'General' started by ToofPic, May 31, 2016.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I thought XFBO moved to Tennessee, not Texas?

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Not a viable option if you're a man. It's full of tools, parts, and enough projects to last 3 lifetimes.

auminer likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He did, we have spring storms blowing though today.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I always keep one side clear enough that I can shuffle some stuff around and get the expensive car inside within a few minutes if I have to.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We're getting it too, same system

radar.jpg

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I used to have mine arranged so that I could at least get "just the tip" in when I need to do brakes etc. Over the winter it's become a "shop" layout with no hope of ever getting a car in again. But I do have a nice sloped gravel driveway to work on cars, and a couple big pieces of cardboard to lay on lol.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Then you can file a frivolous lawsuit and get a yeller Ferrari. ;)

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

CON: The Cowpeople of The NFL and the Gulf of Exxon
    Pros: it's near Mexico

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

My ex BIL lives in Grapevine. Visited twice. Once it was blisteringly hot and humid (summer, obviously) and once for Thanksgiving and it was blisteringly cold and barren. I was like "when do you get the good weather?" His reply was, we don't...LOL!!

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don't know where you are in Florida, but I lived close to Grapevine for 5 years....85-90 and back then it was much less humid than Illinois where I grew up, or anywhere I've ever been in Florida. I was pleasantly surprised I could go drag race my motorcycle in leathers, and as long as I had some shade, it was much more comfortable than humid Illinois in the summer.

panthercity likes this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Stop! Texas is awful and no one should move here. It goes from 150 degrees to -50 in one day. Awful awful place!

panthercity and backcountryme like this.
  12. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Go to Austin. Shit is blowing up right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Hahaha...in the middle, but I hate Florida weather too..LOL!! It gets over 80 or so and I'm overheating!!

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

[emoji44]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk