1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP Qatar Race | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I heard Crafar saying that Rossi was on a soft front but the graphics showed he was on a medium.

Speaking of Crafar, they really need someone more eloquent for the quick comments from the pits and the mini interviews at parc ferme.

Jay305, dobr24 and BigBird like this.
  2. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Simon wasnt great, but dont think he was terrible either. I will give him a few more races to get a hang of it... It is not an easy job.

turbulence and BigBird like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

GOAT doing GOAT things. third is not terrible for a 39 yo+ Hopefully he'll start to move his way up to the top of the podium.

wsmc 589 likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What's that have to do wit the price of tea in China? o_O

All I said is why can't tire manufacturers build tires that doen't experience a degrade in performance over a single race distance?

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because physics.

And racecraft is maximizing the effectiveness of your resources, not having unlimited resources.

crashman likes this.
  6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Fantastic race, as expected. Picking up last year's championship battle right where we left off. Marquez and Dovi are going to be doing a lot of this over the season again. Dovi just seems like a stone-cold, hardened operator now.............he just looked so calm and comfortable.

.....and did anybody catch Marquez 2.0's rear brake disc in the Moto2 race!? That was crazy! Glad it seemed to have sorted itself out and he was able to maintain the podium, but I was on pins and needles for those few laps when it seemed it was going to disintigrate...........could have been a very bad outcome.

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Imagine what would've happened if his bike was on cf wheels ... :)

The Great One and NemesisR6 like this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They can, and they do, but lap times are slower. It is a fine line between pace and longevity, they offer tires that are on both sides of this line and it is up to the team and riders to pick what they want.

9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

It would've been much better if it was pure sprint racing and no tire conservation contest.
    That's only my spectator's point of view .

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

it was with the Stones

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What spec bike is Zarco on? Full factory 2018 bike or a hand me down? I tried to find it but could not find anything specific.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And still, Dovi set the race's fastest lap on L19. I'm wondering if Zarco would have played his hand different in the beginning he wouldn't have faded as badly.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I thought I remembered reading that it was a 2017-spec motor, but he is still running the 2016-spec chassis, as he prefers it......

obcbr and crashman like this.
  14. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

That guys sounds like he’s reading from a 2nd grade level picture book.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is everywhere but here?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was going more for a hooked on puh-honiks thing :D

17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Should Cal get top independent team considering he's on a full factory bike?

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Cal should get everything. Just ask him.

Nevermind, you don't have to.

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Duke not Duc(k)

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, so KTM named their model(s) the Duke knowing it was the same as what people call Ducatis? Weird. I do get it since you pronounce the full name as Duke-ati.

Phl218 likes this.