1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Girl

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Mar 17, 2018.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

We took in another stray. My wife spotted a post on Facebook about a stray senior dog that needed a home. The person that had found her couldn't keep her and was about to take her to the animal shelter. You could tell from the post that she probably wouldn't make it out of there alive. We picked her up this morning, gave her a good bath and trimmed her nails. She's headed to the vet on Monday to see what can be done about the skin tags/growths that she has and get her current on her shots. This dog is either really old or has a shit ton of miles. Her front lower teeth look like they are worn away. She still manages a bounce n her step, but you can see that her hips are beginning to give her trouble. I really not sure how long this dog will last, but we're going to make sure that she's comfy and knows she's loved.
    [​IMG]

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You're good folks. She'll be happy for the time you give her.

SpeedyE, R Acree, panthercity and 2 others like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You're a good guy for doing this...this will make her day.

ToofPic likes this.
  4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Y'all are OK in my books!

ToofPic likes this.
  5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Very good on ya! Seniors often get overlooked in shelters/rescues. They were astounded when the great and kid drove 300+ miles to rescue an old lab that no one had ever asked about. I know he would have died laying there on that cold concrete. He made it a year and a day. Our next rescue was a 12yo owner surrender. How the fuck can someone to that? Give up a dog you've had for that long?

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't know. I'd have to have given up everything else before that thought would even cross my mind.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

It’s massively shitty, but maybe they did it because they couldn’t bear the thought of having to put the dog down on their own. Maybe? I hope. That would still deserve a chicken shit kick in the dick, but it’s the only thought that doesn’t instantly piss me off.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Y'all good people!!

panthercity and ToofPic like this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: You did a good thing. We're looking for another to give a home after losing Rosie.

panthercity and ToofPic like this.
  10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have said repeatedly, that I'd live in a van, down by the river before I'd give up a dog(especially Cooper, of Bubba before him). Our theory is that the guy had him and after he got married, the wife didn't want him around.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Fuck that! If that's the choice me and the dog are way better off without that person.

12. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Time for a new wife

crashman and DucatiBomber like this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

DucatiBomber and noles19 like this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Very cool of you!

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You are wonderful people. Your dog thanks you and so do I.

16. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The vet has estimated her age between 12 and 14 years. She had a double ear infection and is almost completely deaf. We’re waiting for her blood work to come back to see what’s next for her. A couple of her growths are pretty big, so we’re hoping nothing in her blood work will rule out surgery to remove them.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good on ya!

18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Well, we named her Paddy, and since we got her on St. Patrick's Day, it's her birthday!
    [​IMG]

Venom51, scottn, Banditracer and 9 others like this.
  19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

nice. :cool: