1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got laid off

Discussion in 'General' started by todzuki, Mar 29, 2004.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You mean I don't have to move to Georgia? :Poke: :Poke:

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Dude, I gave up on you a long time ago...:Poke: :Poke:

You and your expensive appetite for exotic singles. :p

:D

3. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

Todd, that BLOWS :eek:
    Sorry to hear this news.
    Is Roger gonna stay there?

You would think that with all the damn Harleys running around B'ham and almost NONE of the owners work on them, that they would be able to support a shop.

You'll land at another shop soon.
    Or maybe, it is time to rattle Barber's cage again :)

Good luck,
    Scott P.

4. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Roger's staying for now. I doubt I'll try the Barber thing, from what Kenny says, it's not the place for a racer to work. Weird, huh? I'll just have to see, the worst they can say is no.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I was downsized on Feb. 27th, this was my *third* time since January of 2000.

Three times in 4 years, no wonder I can't afford to race anymore.... :mad: :(

6. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

dammit man!! hate to hear that Todd. Good luck at finding something soon. :(

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that man. I guess I'm a firm believer in the 'ole "When God shuts one door he opens another" now. I've been laid off twice and it's all but destroyed me. Yet now I've got one of the best jobs I could ask for. It's only a contract, but it's a HUGE gold star on my resume for the future.

Hopefully you'll end up in the same position. There's no motivation to find a better job than being laid off though!

8. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Sorry to hear that Todd. I've been "fourtunate" so far. I was "reassigned" a few days before I was supposed to be laid off (my company is nice enough to let us know impending doom is on the way a little in advance.) Only to be told two weeks later I'll be laid off if I don't transfer. The fun part is they won't tell me where I could possibly go or what I could possible do until a little before it all goes down.

I keep reminding myself "smile @$$hole, this is an oppourtunity"

9. gypsy99

gypsy99 Well-Known Member

Good luck on your search and keep in touch with your fellow racers. I got laid off back in Oct. and was lucky enough to have a fellow racer set me up with a pretty sweet job in less than two weeks. I am in the computer industry so my outlook was dismale but racing does pay after all.

10. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Gypsy makes a valid point...

To expand on what he said, it is who you know and who knows you. Racing is a tight knit community. You never know which guy is a doctor, engineer, cop, etc...it's all about networking.

11. maxxym

maxxym Well-Known Member

Hang in there man...I know the pain. trust me.

I was one of those laid off after 9/11. Didn't have a job for like year and a half. And to add to it, I was a consultant on a WorldCom account!!

:Poke:

12. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

Holy SH@t, THAT SUCKS!! I hope something comes along soon man. Let me know if I can help you with anything. I guess its time to tighten the belt.....spend less on food and bills so you have a racing budget.:D T-bone needs your skills!! We will work something out to keep you on the track in the mean time. Are you still coming to Tally this weekend? Let me know, maybe I can help a little. Sorry bro

13. FATDUMBNHAPPY

FATDUMBNHAPPY Well-Known Member

Man I know your pain!

I was in the same place in 2002, get a nice bonus for Christmas and 2 weeks later no job, and my 3rd child on the way. The jackass lied and got my unemployment canceled a month in to it. Lots of people thats been laid off before were telling me that things would get better and I was in wasnt seeing how. But I was able to go back to school full time and now I am all most done and went back to work for an old employer (ended up get a rasie and better benefits).

So what I guess I am trying to say is keep your chin up and it WILL get better!

Keep up the faith,
    Tyson

14. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Damn, I know the feeling. I'm doing the same thing, starting a shop on someone else's dime. Hired for my experience in the bike industry, yadda yadda yadda. I am so ready to bring home a paycheck. But I'm racing again... things could be worse.

Hang in there, mate.

15. chaplain

chaplain MRO pulpit jockey

i understand

been there,done that,hope not to do it again....get your unemployment compensation set up first......cut back where you can..and go job hunting.....good luck and blessings on you

16. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Thanks for the kind words everyone. By the way, I will be at TGPR this weekend since I sold all my take-offs. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs at TGPR, please find me. It's the only way I can continue to race right now. I'm expert #113 on the GSXR 750 covered with flames.

17. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

I'm expert #113 on the GSXR 750 covered with flames. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ha,ha that was funny:p :D

See you this weekend dude:beer: