1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frivolous lawsuit against Keigwins trackday organization:gofundme link

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Mar 13, 2018.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

This is like his 4th gofundme too

2. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I think this was the other suit, not the T3 suit.

3. badmoon692008

Gino230 likes this.
  4. badmoon692008

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Those sandbags aren’t there during the WSBK weekend. That suit isn’t finished yet, correct? I think SCRAMP will have a tougher time w that one.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sketchy assed riding too. He had made the corner already when he decided to stand it up...

I think that if you ride off the racing surface without help from someone else anything that happens is all on you. But if anyone other than the guy who wadded it up was liable wouldn't it be the trackday people? You would think they would have inspected the track, communicated any concerns regarding the track in the riders meeting and if the concerns were significant fix the issues before the day started. The rider also has the option to not ride if they feel something is unsafe when they wobble around on the first lap of the day. To me this just seems like a person who is unwilling to acknowledge that they made a mistake while riding and do not want to take responsibility for their actions.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not the smartest thing you have posted. The point of going to the racetrack to be able to safely test your limits. Sometimes, you find that limit by accidentally exceeding it. That's when being on the racetrack should be better than the on the road. If the guy in that video had found half decent runoff, which is a perfectly reasonable expectation, this wouldn't even be a conversation.

Now, of course, if he knew that the place was unsafe and chose to ride anyway, that's on him.

G 97 likes this.
  8. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

i usually agree that when running off some times shit happens. But those sandbags seemed really close to the racetrack and really stopped the hell out of that bike. Looks like there was a lot of sets of sandbags too. A bit sketchy for something that was temporarily placed there. Was this the one that happened at the beginning of the day?
    If he had a mechanical and wanted to get just off the track surface, say if he thinks he had a oil leak or tire failure.. and hit the same bags, what would everyone's opinion be then? His fault or no?

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Making “dangerous two-wheelers a thing of the past”. :crackup:

After watching his crash video the dude should put more investment into improving his riding abilities. He needs to make his dangerous riding a thing of the past on his terms not by crashing and injuring or possibly killing himself.

SirCrashAlot likes this.
  10. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I wonder what the TD org policy is on that. Refund? SOL? I have never seen it mentioned at any of the track days I have done.

11. stangmx13

im starting to think this is the correct video. its a silver bike with black numbers on the front, which is exactly what Daniel Kim was riding.

so that means SCRAMP already won this case. them winning seemed to hinge on the fact that the sandbags were put there to "increase safety by helping the drainage". ugh, idiots. a wet track is not unsafe.

if anything, its both SCRAMPs and Keigwins fault for having a curb in the runoff area. SCRAMPs for leaving it there while renting the track out to motorcycles and Keigwins for not speaking up to SCRAMP about it being there.

personal responsibility and expectations seem to go head-to-head in these lawsuits. I expect there be no sandbags so close to the track in the run-off areas.

wrx_02 and G 97 like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I wouldn’t have conducted the track day if it was one of my events.
    The placement of those bags and the washed out spots being right up next to the track surface basically negates any margin of error.

Sometimes an individual rider, especially a newer one, doesn’t have the experience to make this call themselves. In these cases, it’s up to the trackday organization, who are supposedly the experts, to help make this decision. A good trackday org should have the experience to determine what is permissible and what s a little sketchy.

From seeing the video, no way I would have conducted a track day event in that environment. I put this on the trackday org for not doing it’s responsibility in creating a safe environment as possible for their riders.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    wrx_02 likes this.
  13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Isn't that exactly what he was doing?

badmoon692008, Mot Okstef and HPPT like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I had no problem issuing credits to any rider who felt track conditions were too unsafe for them with in reason. They had to make their case of why etc. As long as they made it known during the first two sessions.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

If you call standing it up, riding off track and wadding it as actively improving your skill level, then yes. :D

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I do :)

17. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Removing the sandbags doesn't remove the enormous drainage grate there. It's a pretty bad place to put any kind of hole that needs covering in the first place.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am not saying that the sandbags were not too close to the track. They were in a shitty place for bikes, should have been moved and the washed out area should have been filled in.

That being said, if you are at a track testing your limits one would assume that you are smart enough to take a lap at a calm pace and take a look at everything and see where any potential issues might be. IMO, there is no way anyone with any experience could ride around a track and not see potential issues on that corner exit. Once again IMO, when a potential issue is identified you have 3 choices. 1) pack up your shit and go home 2) understand there is an issue there and avoid testing your limits in that corner or 3) damn the torpedos and work on winning the track day regardless of consequences. I just think that personal responsibility needs to come in play somewhere and that the final decision to ride rests on the shoulders of the rider.

19. stangmx13

I don't think the grates are new and they are probably flush with the dirt. So they def present less danger to a motorcyclist than a sandbag.

there are 5 visible grates on GoogleMaps. the image seems to be from 2018 though, so I have no idea how old the grates are.

20. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

hey the video link is down can anyone rehost it ?