1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

New to me PPS is on the way!! 6, 7, and 8 round mag and two holsters!!

G2G likes this.
  2. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

For the price SCCY is a fantastic pistol. They come with a lifetime warranty, made in USA. Double action only, but reliable and won't break the bank.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well, back to me and waiting so long to pull the trigger on an AR. It is just good to know people. One of my good customers I get along with really well, told me today that he found a local gun store that had 3
    Anderson AR's, So he bought all 3 and said I can have one for what hes got in it... :D

I think I may just have to buy him a beer or 12 also...:clap:

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Straw purchase! :Poke:

Steeltoe, Photo and K51000 like this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

Wtf is a straw purchase ol man?

6. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

Someone that goes to another state where they are legal to buy and get several cheap...then drive back to Chicago/New York/etc and sell them to whoever that couldn’t normally buy one.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pacifically, buying a firearm for someone else, permitting them to obtain the weapon without a NICS check.

Personally, if I were to make a sweetheart purchase and want to share in the good fortune, I'd be getting an extra $25 for an FFL to run the paper. Especially in these trying times, best to avoid any appearance of impropriety.

YMMV.

8. assjuice cyrus

O I got what your saying. No, we already talked that I would have it switched into my name. There's a FFl, down the road from his shop is where we would do the switch. He's just being nice and selling me one as friend cause he knew I had been thinking about it,as I have talked to him in the past about buying or building one. Then all this shit happened and I see him today and I told him I knew I waited to long , then he offered to sell me one just cause he knew I really wanted one, and thats when he mentioned we would just do the switch there.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Funny story...a friend has been wanting a 7mm rifle for hunting, found one at Dick's Sporting. He and his wife were at the mall shopping. She wanted to surprise him so she snuck over to Dicks, picked it out and was paying for it when the husband walked up and said "whatcha doin"? "I'm buying you that rifle you want", the salesman then asked her, "is this gun for you"? She said no it's for my husband....the sales guy cancelled the sale.

terminus est likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What a Dick!

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is that sarcasm?

Cuz the sales clerk would have been in violation of the law knowingly selling a firearm to someone to give to someone else.

She could still pay for the weapon, but dude would have to be NICS'd for the sale to be approved.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Because it was at Dick’s.

I’m not that sharp this early in the morning;)

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Apparently, neither am I. :confused:

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm looking at one of these 4" 1911. I shot a 4" and really liked the size and it shot just as great as the 5". This may have to wait though, I'm trying to decide on whether to get a 6.5 tikka rig and after my pops comes up in 3 weeks and we go to the range and shoot 600+ with my current rifles,he'll want to go buy a tikka that afternoon and then of course I'll have to get one for father son bonding time.
    719007242.jpg

BJR119 likes this.
  15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

While not frequent, the ATF does do spot checks with this very scenario and it could cost someone their FFL. I've been tested like this while working a gun show and was glad I didn't fall for it. They definitely hit the shows more frequently than they would a brick and mortar dealer.

In many states like Ohio it is perfectly legal to privately transfer a firearm to someone else without a NICS check or any paperwork, but a lot of people still like to go to a dealer just to cover themselves.

In this day and age, you don't want any gray area if a gun you sold turns up in a crime later.

pickled egg likes this.
  16. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

i forgot this thread was a thing. Got ride of my KelTec PF9 last Thursday and bought a Glock 19 last Friday.

As i have mentioned before, I really wanted a steel 9mm, but I don't shoot often enough to rationalize spending a ton on handguns. My options were to keep the PF9 for carry, and supplement with an inexpensive range gun (S&W SD9VE, or something similar), or sell the PF9 and replace it with something more enjoyable to shoot, but also still compact enough to carry.

I found a buyer for the PF9 almost by accident, and my local gun shop had a gen 5 G19 in stock at a price I couldn't refuse. I need to mail my holster shell to Alien Gear before I can carry the 19. Been dragging my feet on that.

17. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

It is not legal to purchase a firearm for someone else (straw purchase).

It is legal to gift a firearm to another individual.

Private sales of firearms do not require nics background checks.

There is no national firearm registry. In other words, there is no "this gun is in my name". All the atf knows is long gun, handgun, or other destructive device, and that information is supposed to be destroyed after 2 weeks or thirty days or something. The ffl who sold the firearm must retain the buyers info, what make, model, type, caliber, and serial number of the firearm(s) purchased for ten years. (Form 4473)

It is perfectly legal to buy the ar from gentleman. I don't believe it is a straw purchase because you didn't give him the money and he then bought it for you; he bought something, then sold it, even with intent of doing so it is not a crime.

ToofPic likes this.
  18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What are they doing to it? I just recieved an AG magazine holster last week. Was eyeing up a holster, but will probably wait till I get a new gun.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They'll swap out the gun-specific parts for you (I think for free) if you get a different gun.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I thought that you could buy/replace the holster shell(at least on the Shape Shifter), but didnt see anywhere that they exchanged them.