1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducait Sport Classic

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anybody ride it? Even the exhaust looks new!

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

He learned how to spit polish pipes in cotillion

Lawn Dart, rd400racer and motoboy like this.
  3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I had one, seat crushed my balls till I had it redone, plastic has tank expanded, good looking and sounding bike. Sold it on the EBay.

Don't really miss it.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm a well documented slob about a lot of things, this bike ain't one of them :D

5. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

One of our buddies had/has one. He had those dope Zard dual side exhausts and Mupo forks and a ton of other expensive bits. It looked killer, but i never rode it. Our other buddy said it was the most uncomfortable bike he's ever ridden. Looks like he's not alone. They sure are purdy tho...

Scotty87 likes this.
  7. I have it. It’s a pretty damn uncomfortable bike to ride but it looks cool, I would probably stunt to Starbucks on it. I rebuilt 2 Paul smarts and a sport classic last year because the rings scratched the shit out of the piston walls around 12-15k miles and start filling air box with oil. Coincidentally his is doing the same exact thing but I’m going to start stuffing a 1x98 motor in it when I can get a small reprieve at work.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

So Monster, or Japanese.

this is why I'm not a "Ducati guy." Even the people who love them hate them a little.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yeah. They're like women...

:D

DucatiBomber likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, this is my brothers 01 Chromo Monster that he bought brand new when I got mine. His has 27,500 miles, he's never had the valves adjusted or changed the belts...as a matter of fact he treats it like shit. And it just keeps running. Only reason it's in my garage is that he ran out of room in his shed since he bought another bike. Yep, he's kept it in an unheated garden shed for its entire life. We joke that his Duc and cockroaches will be all that's left when the big one hits.

[​IMG]

11. Sweatypants

Really? I thought it got stolen or crashed or something... maybe that was his motard. Rebuilding it for Jonesy?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have two and don't hate them at all. Just like every brand some models are more comfortable or better for you and what you want to do than others.

13. Crashed. More than once I think. I have a brand new tank for it though. I need to weld up a new bracket for the headlight. Modifying the frame a bunch when I do the 1x98 swap. It’s going to be absurd. I’m keeping the zard cans on it since they’re sweet as hell.

14. Sweatypants

its the best exhaust that's ever lived for any 4-stroke bike. the bike is your's now? or you're fixing it for him. cause if its yours, like... give it here.

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If those are his only choices.....I can answer for Poo Poo......fixing it for him. :Poke::D

16. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

Attached Files:

Sweatypants likes this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

SHOW OFF!!!!

:D

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

There are a bunch of them racing down here. The chassis geometry is the best of the Ducati lineup for LW racing. Of course all of the race bikes have Fuel Cell tanks, wheels, suspension, etc. so none of the above issues come into play. That air cooled 1100cc motor is great for racing. Seems like it would be fun on the street, too, but I can't speak to that.

I rode a GT1000 all around Tuscany in 2008, that was pretty damn fun. I was very happy to be on that vs the 848 or 999 that was offered.

19. Sweatypants

haha damn, i have pics of your bike saved on my hard drive somewhere. real good.

tzrboy likes this.
  20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Had to post so you guys could see my avatar. that was a super fun year of racing with you guys! It was the coolest looking bike there and the sound was awesome!

Timm

DucatiBomber likes this.