1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bourbon Thread...What's on the bar this week?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Oct 3, 2016.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

In honor of the I hate Hawaii thread!

I finally found a 5th of the Old Forrester. Damn good bourbon. I like the sweetness.
    Damn good choice for $22 bucks.

auminer and rd400racer like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Odd timing for this thread's revival.

I was cutting through behind the likker store this afternoon and this was sitting out back. I'ma see if I can get it cleaned up & put it in my mancave!

If my wife says it's OK...

[​IMG]

rd400racer likes this.
  3. R1RJ

R1RJ Well-Known Member

Widow Jane with one cube... One cube only.

4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

High West Double Rye has been my favorite whiskey that we stock at work since we stopped selling Blantons. Really good stuff.

5. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Woodford's
    Woodford's Rye
    Bulliet ( I really love the taste maybe too much!)
    Jefferson's
    Buffalo Trace
    These are my go to Bourbons and I keep multiple 5ths stocked in my Bar at all times.

When I don't feel like Bourbon I keep multiple 5ths of:

Crown Royal
    Crown Royal XO
    Crown Royal Black
    Crown Royal Rye ( just about out need to run out and get a couple)

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Spent the whole day out in the garage.

Finsta fix me a big ol Old Forrester

and coke.

F y'all haters.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

My fav!

8. Uncle Jesse

Uncle Jesse Well-Known Member

Angel’s Envy is the best sipping bourbon I’ve had.

9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sitting in the shop drinking some Evan Williams Single Barrel watching the Bruins right now. I'll switch to Old Fo later because I won't know the difference :D

10. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

Basil Hayden seems to be the favorite.

Attached Files:

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  11. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

good friend is a huge Jefferson's fan...had a glass of the Ocean at his place over a year ago, but it was at the end of a string of bourbons. wish I could say I remembered it...

12. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Had some Jefferson’s over the weekend. Was about to throw out bottle and noticed the neck wrap looked like currency. Thought that was illegal, so I cut it off, and it was a folded $2 bill I almost threw away! Awesome. Bourbon not that good though, that batch anyway.

13. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

My favorite is Booker's. Each batch is slightly different, but all I have had rank as the best I've had. Your taste is yours alone so YMMV.

14. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I know it's not Bourbon, but I had the opportunity to drink a glass of Johnny Walker Blue on Sat. I must say that was an interesting drink. Very smooth with lots of interesting flavors.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm a late adopter... picked up a liter last night, drank a good 6-7 oz of it and had no headache this morning. I declare it a success! Still prefer to sip on a good aged rum or anejo tequila, rum being more often since the price/quality ratio is more favorable.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I like Blanton's, but can't afford it anymore.

And +1 on the one ice cube.

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I'm not reading the whole thread but I've been enjoying a bottle of basil Hayden's that was given to me at Christmas. Tasty stuff.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

A new one came out of KY this past year just across the river from Cincy in Bellevue - they are located in the same parking lot as a local legendary place The Party Source.

Give New Riff a try, a 4 year old in 2018 when bottled on first release that is very good and will get better each year it ages in the barrel. I've had a bottle of the first release and am working on a bottle of single barrel. I really do expect it to age well. You can buy it at the distillery there or at The Party Source. I've seen it in Columbus OH as well.

cpettit likes this.
  19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Maybe we need our own Scotch thread. Being a craft porter and stout drinker, and a drinker of port, I was intrigued by a recommendation from the Strength and Scotch podcast for Laphroiag 10, a peaty and smokey aged scotch. So I bought a bottle.

I finally get it. I finally get Scotch drinkers. Me, I always liked a lot of fluid. I couldn’t see how sipping a couple of ounces would slake a thirst or be satisfying. I get it now.

Since then, I got bottles of Lagavulin 16 and Ardbeg 10. I am a convert.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Toured the George Dickel distillery a few years ago and then last week I saw a Dickel Rye at the store so I brought it home. Much different flavor profile than bourbon and very different than my go to rye which is Knob Creek. You can't knock Evan Williams single barrel, it's priced right, has great complex flavors and each barrel has a unique character compared to the last. IMHO it drinks like a 50 or 60 dollar bourbon.