1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ross: Marquez saves not a coincidence

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 28, 2018.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So now we know Marquez is able to ride over the limit, and save himself from crashes. Rossi thinks its a combination of both Marquez and the Honda. For some reason, the Honda doesn't fall when it tucks the front. Marquez knows this and puts his body between the bike and the pavement.

Gigi, are you listening? Some kind of tech that keeps the front inline, perhaps? Active steering?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Marquez should be nicer and let it the other Honda riders know about that feature.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Yeah, because it's clearly the bike that can do it. Marquez just lets it happen. :D

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That makes sense. Other riders, unaware of this cutting edge technology, fight the bike and crash. Brilliant I tell ya.

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Oh come on, everyone knows it is the lean angle activated hydraulic rod that comes out of the frame. :D

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Sounds like a compliment to me. He’s not saying that the bike saves itself, just that Marquez has the talent to exploit a characteristic of it.

I sat on Weston Peick’s 450 at the Oakland Supercross. It was unbelievably stiff. I know that the stiff suspension “allows” him to ride it the way he does, but I also know that with my talent I would crash it leaving the pits. Same but different.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Clearly it's sand balast in the belly pan ala punching clown.
    [​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. and busa99 like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It also makes it sound like Marquez wouldn't be doing that on a Yamaha.

11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Avoids answering "how" Marc does it and why he can't as well. If anyone asks about Dani, he's too small to do it clearly ;)

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh. Both of them are no Eddie Lawson.

5axis likes this.
  13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

We're overlooking the obvious... Yellow Puta said it, so it must be true. :D

crashman likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Chino52405 and HPPT like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly enough I've always thought that is part of why he pulls it off, he doesn't fight it as much as work with the crash as it happens.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whatever works. I love watching the young man ride.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Do all the teams use the same basic ( trail) front geometry?

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

o_O

If you mean, the opposite of a Harley, then yes.

20. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

I mean within, say, 12-15mm.