1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dash cams, who's got them and what is best

Discussion in 'General' started by colin96, Oct 22, 2016.

1. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

Because Russia lol.

I have a hardwired Blackvue DR750-1CH and it's been trouble free so far. It does take a lot to set up at first as it's a cloud based system with many options (parking mode etc.), but overall I like it a lot. It's not cheap but it has a great night vision recording. I've done a lot of research prior to buying one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, don't post videos. Yeah, on topic and all that shit but rules be rules.

3. 12v_dub

I bought my wife a Blackvue DR650 which is also very good but the night vision is slightly darker at night, but what's nice about Blackvue is the fact you can connect all of the cams and share locations via phone up. Her's is also hardwired for a clean install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 12v_dub

I did not know you can't post videos. I just looked and read the new forum rules.o_O

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

WTF? Simple, it's gets tiring having to review all the videos people post and if you don't nip it in the bud, everyone will on every topic and more often than not having anything to do with the topic.

There's a thread for the videos.

and you've been here long enough to know the rules. ;)

6. 12v_dub

I edited my thread.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Turns out, my issues were all due to a faulty cord. I found an old cellphone charging cord & switched them out, and now downloading the day's footage to my PC is a breeze.

I just checked. Amazon delivered mine on 12NOV15. So 2 1/2 years and no sign of giving up the ghost.

(damn thing will probably die tomorrow, now :D )

Still, 2 1/2 years of daily use in the windshield in the Texas heat is a pretty decent lifespan for an electronic device, I'd say.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You're good, dude. :)

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Me too. Like the time on our vacation last year when a guy ran a stopsign in a 4-way stop intersection.

My wife had just got off the phone with her boss finding out she'd been laid off (thanks for fucking up our vacation, asshole!) so there was plenty of excuses for me to miss something. Literally 15 seconds or so before this screenshot.

I'm westbound M Street in Gering NE, asshat is southbound on Five Rocks Rd, there's a couple on a motorcycle stopped for the intersection eastbound M Street that almost became innocent victims.

I stopped, looked both ways & pulled out into the intersection. I'd seen the blue car approaching, but he was a good distance away, and it was reasonable to ass/u/me that the guy was going to stop. He didn't. I just happened to see him out of the corner of my eye & jumped on the brakes in time for him to whiz past close enough to flutter the hood of the rental SUV. I've watched the vid several times & the guy on the bike saw what was happening right about when I did, he stood up & started trying to walk his bike back.

This video would've made it pretty damn clear who was at fault.

[​IMG]

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Company is installing dash cams now.

11. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

I had a lesbian truck driver hit my car on the turnpike, in PA, two years ago. I just got my deductible back from my insurance company. She even admitted fault to the state trooper who did the police report. Her insurance refused to pay it out and fought it up until last month were they partially paid and my insurance ate the rest.

I just bought a new truck and cameras will be installed

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I fail to see why you mentioned she was lesbian....

cha0s#242 likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So no one would suggest 2xIDB?

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Do you have criminal or civil case law to back this up?

Ride safe,
    AAron

15. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

No idea what I was referring to, but in TN your car is an extension of your house.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't know for sure, but something tells me the best ones are probably made in Russia :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

auminer likes this.
  17. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I was just curious if something new came out because although it is not the same as video the black box in your car is already recording a lot of data that can be used against you in court.
    We use the data all the time in serious accident investigations. The box records vehicle speed, throttle position, airbag deployment times, whether the brakes were applied, if seatbelts were worn, engine speed, steering angles, etc etc. Manufacturers have up to 30 additional data points if they want.

Tennessee extended loaded gun possession in a vehicle as an extension of castle doctoring (I think).
    But I never heard how it changed or did not change other things like the black box that the NHTSA requires.

Ride safe,
    AAron

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

dash cam check, , body cam check. I'm waiting to see what's next. Probably a weapon cam.

19. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Making a camera a requirement in something relatable to your home seems a huge overstep in privacy.

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

OP,
    How do you know that she wasn’t pansexual or polysexual? :rolleyes: