1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardwire Rectifier plugs?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mike-guy, Feb 23, 2018.

1. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

My 09 gsxr 600 has thankfully never had an issue with the rectifier. Upon inspection the plug that has the 3 yellow wires from the stator is getting loose and has that browned look to it. Started investigating buying replacement plugs and saw people were just soldering them together. Seems like it's the best fix since it can't come loose and won't create any resistance. I found people saying they had success on other boards but for some reason I'm not sure of I trust you guys more. Also the search function is not finding anything specifically to this.

2. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

You can solder them directly. It's how I've done it on every sv I've had that retained the charging system.

Does the 09 GSXR have a mosfet type r/r? If not, it would be a good time for an upgrade.

3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Were they still problematic on the 08+? I thought Suzuki moved them out from between the headers and the radiator after the 06-07 ate them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert twice per day.

Yeah, I already had to replace the stator and the reg/rec on the 06 I bought a few months ago... And I relocated the regulator while I was at it to try and avoid having to do it again.

4. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Sweet, it certainly seems like the best approach.

Although they did move them on the 08+ bikes I know some people still had problems. Mine was the plug however which was somewhat loose probably because I had to get forceful to remove it every time.

5. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

There was also a recall on them, that applied to the '08 as well.

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Makes more sense to hardwire them considering the environment they are in. Takes long to change them out but, not that much longer.