1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pepper Spray

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2018.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

LOL! Oh wait...

[​IMG]

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

In Canadia? She was attacked with an insincere apology! ;)

3. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Fawking A'

4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Its good for several uses.Never had any misfire issues.Hammer cocks like a real gun to begin the fun.
    I always carry,but this is for that 1% I don't need to shoot.
    Ive also carried the gel/foam,but it seems to expire too quick,before finding a victim...I mean attacker:D

5. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Hornet spray in a can. Empty it in their face. It shoots a lot further and is toxic and stuff. Yummy

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

:stupid:, yup, shoots about 12 feet, just the can is about the same as bear spray.

7. TZ250lover

TZ250lover Well-Known Member

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Only thing to add is maybe check with your local laws to see if there are any intensity and/or size regulations, pretty sure NJ had'em at one point, not sure anymore.

Also, I'd stay far and clear from anything that sprays anything wider than a pin-like pattern.

9. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

“It”?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If she carried it would absolutely be with range time and training.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does a bullet have to do with anything? I'm more concerned with her being assaulted to steal her purse or car which gets done without weapons more often than not.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I do love the full size hair spray/oven cleaner/wasp spray ideas, she is pretty particular on her purse size and will not upgrade to a gym bag just to carry a can of spray :crackup:

I like that Kimber and I'll look into the gels too, thanks!

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This is an excellent point. When I was in boot camp we had to go into a room full of tear gas. If pepper spray is even a 10th of that...nasty!

14. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Get a can of bear repellant, highly effective stuff.

15. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Glock 43 or Shield... :flag:

16. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Part of getting qualed was getting sprayed. I thought it was worse...

XFBO likes this.
  17. joec

joec brace yourself

Just advice I was given. If she needs to use it, it's important to get the stomach and chest area of the assailant. When they try to use thier shirt or whatever to wipe the stuff off, they'll just be wiping more into thier face.

They make the gel with a dye also that takes days to wash off skin.

18. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

[​IMG]

SpeedyTide likes this.
  19. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Well.....you kinda just did? : )

20. obakerone

obakerone Active Member

Foam or gel is better as your more guaranteed to get it on the subject. Anything with a conical mist will spread through the air and won't be as effective. My wife carries a small sabre in her purse and it's about the size of a roll a quarters. I do recommend getting someone 'qualified' to spray you so you know the effects and know how you will react to it. Like it was mentioned, no matter how careful you are...you will get a whiff of it yourself and it won't do you no good if your bent over crying while getting attacked.