1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete 2016 RSV4 RR Race & Street Package

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by aftriathlete, Feb 1, 2018.

1. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

The Air Force has plans for me that are not conducive to racing past May of this year. And with that reality looming, I'm listing the bike for sale now as this time of year before everyone's season starts is the best time to list. Until it sells I'll continue to race it up until I make the move I'm making, and I'll take it with me if it still hasn't sold by then and continue to try to sell it from the other side of the country where I’m gonna be.

The details:

Price -- $15,000, including spare forged wheelset and rotors and all street bodywork
    Location -- Tucson AZ, but will assist with delivery around SoCal, AZ, NM,and I am amenable to shipping if the buyer coordinates the shipper
    Miles -- Approx 1800, I can't confirm at the moment as I have the Pro-Shift DBS unhooked so the mileage won't show on the dash
    History -- Dealer demo model purchased new from GP Motorcycles in San Diego with 150 miles on the clock. No title as I never titled or registered it, so comes with Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) that someone could use to go title it. CA Sales Tax was already paid however, so I can provide documentation of that. This bike has been down once, just back in December, which has no bearing on this decision to sell in any way. It didn't tumble or do anything crazy, it just went down on its right side and stayed on its right side, but I had Evan Steel Performance here in Tucson do a complete chassis measurement anyways for my own piece of mind, and the frame, forks, swingarm, and wheels all checked out straight, documentation can be provided .

Modifications:

-Moto XP Ricambi Fairings with 2012 SBK paint scheme (I forget what their levels of paint quality are called, but this is the higher quality paint, not the bottom tier)
    -SES fairing stay
    -Ohlins steering damper, revalved by Kyle Racing
    -Ohlins NIX30 cartridges, refreshed in Sept 2017 and "set up" for 180 lbrider
    -Ohlins TTX GP shock, refreshed in Sept 2017 and "set up" for 180 lb rider
    - Akrapovic titanium/carbon shorty slip-on
    - Pro-Shift DBS Downshift Blipper System (currently removed from bike, just shipped it back to Pro-Shift this week for them to reseal it and check it over as the unit was overheating where it was mounted on the left side frame where it was recommended to mount, although it was still working fine when removed and will be replaced in a couple weeks when they ship it back to me)
    - RSV4 Factory OEM forged wheelset
    -Woodcraft case covers, clip-ons, rearsets, lever guards
    -CRG shorty clutch lever
    -Brembo GP Mk2 19x18 master cylinder, new in Jan 2017 (will also include the OEM MC, recall completed)
    -Aprilia Racing Corse ECU
    -Superlight steel 15/44 gearing + 520 chain
    -Speedcell battery + race harness
    -radiator/oil cooler guards (I forget the brand)
    - fully safety wired for CVMA/ASMA; coolant changed to Maxima Koolaide
    - spare RSV4 Factory forged wheelset with OEM front rotors and lightweight rear rotor

This bike is completely and professionally set up to race. Moto Spec software printout can be provided with sale, but here's the details of it:

Fork length: 730 mm
    Shock length: 319 mm
    Ground trail: 101.7 mm
    Real Trail: 92.7 mm
    Swingarm Angle: 13.08 deg
    Anti-squat %: 104.6%
    Wheelbase: 1466.6 mm

Valves were checked approx. 800 miles ago by ESP and all were in spec, documentation can be provided.

I WILL NOT PART OUT ANYTHING UNTIL THE BIKE HAS SOLD. So basically, it's up to the buyer if there's anything he doesn't want and a new price is negotiated, including street bodywork, spare forged wheelset, etc. The reason for this is I will continue to race this bike up until it sells, so I will need the spares until then.

This isn't the end of racing for me, and I do love this bike. There's just no reason for me to sit on it for potentially up to the next 3 years while the Air Force moves me around the world like is currently planned. If it sells I will likely replace it with something to still get out on the track if I have the opportunity to do it over the next 1-3 years, but something more like a cheap-ish 600.

Feel free to hit me up with questions, and if you want to talk outside this forum, PM me for my cell number. Pictures to follow this evening when I get home from work.

Croaker, tigerblade and trussdude like this.
  2. aftriathlete

A few pics. Please note that I currently have the bodywork off because I sent the Pro-Shift DBS back to Pro-Shift for some repair/refurbish, so I don't have any pics of the right side body work damage at this time. But it's consistent with a right side low-side, and the bodywork is still fully intact, it's mostly just paint damage.

Attached Files:

3. aftriathlete

Couple more. The Hindle exhaust pictured was replaced with a Akrapovic.

Attached Files:

4. blendedfamily

blendedfamily Well-Known Member

bump for a good seller.

5. aftriathlete

Thanks man. For clarity, if someone wants the track bike only without street bodywork or spare forged wheelset + rotors, the price is $13,000. Bodywork and spare wheels can be purchased as well if buyer wants those.

So...

$13,000 for 1800 mile, 180 rwhp on pump gas/187 rwhp on MR12 race bike (bone stock dyno was 174 hp for comparison purposes.)

6. Krypt RR

Krypt RR Well-Known Member

I thought these bikes made 202hp?

aftriathlete likes this.
  7. aftriathlete

That’s what Aprilia and all the magazines reported as the crank horsepower. So on this dyno that translated to 174 at the wheel. So the bike as it sits right now makes 6 more than that at the wheel on pump 93, 13 more than that on MR12, which I’ve never actually raced with, I just had them test it on the dyno (I’m not a fast enough rider to justify in my mind another $50 of fuel for every race entry.)

8. aftriathlete

Pictures are important. I still have the demand sensor off until I get the DBS back from Pro-Shift, but I fitted the bodywork today and took a couple pics because I don't want anyone to think the right side of the bike is all torn up now after the December off. I did some touching up after it happened, so there is touch-up paint, and even a couple strips of colored duct tape here and there to cover some paint damage up. But this is a race bike. The clutch cover did get scraped as the Woodcraft clutch cover is only a 1/4 cover. If I keep the bike for much longer I expect I'll put on a GB Racing cover to completely cover the clutch up.

Attached Files:

9. aftriathlete

Pro-Shift has the DBS now, they confirmed receipt yesterday and should be shipping it back in the next 2-3 business days. One further update: the local Aprilia dealer will not perform the recall on my OEM master cylinder unless it’s fitted to the bike, so buyer would need to be aware that the OEM MC that will come with all the OEM parts has not yet had the recall completed. I will provide the recall notice letter however that should be all you need to get it done in the future if you want to fit the stock MC again for some reason.

10. Scubarc51

Scubarc51 Active Member

Awesome bike! I highly suggest getting the title in your name before you sell it. The new owner won’t be able to get a title for it without proof of sales tax pain in their name. Especially if your name is on the mso. Less hassle down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. aftriathlete

Yep, I’m getting the same feedback from a couple sources now, so I intend to make an appointment at the DMV next week to title.

12. aftriathlete

Appointment made, so bike will be sold with clean title, title will be in my hand next Wednesday.

13. aftriathlete

So there’s been quite a few RSV4s for sale lately. For anyone shopping they probably already know what makes mine different, but here’s the things worth pointing out. Mine is the only 2016/2017 that has ever been for sale on the beebs. The 2016 is a whole new generation similar to the Gen 5 ZX-10 over the Gen 4. This matters because the 2016 model produces anywhere from 20-22 more hp at the wheel than the 2015 bike, verified in multiple magazines and online publications (for instance, Motorcyclist Online reported a 21.5 more hp on the same dyno over the previous gen.) There’s a guy on Aprilia Forum that turned his 2013 into the full WSBK spec bike with all the Aprilia Racing factory parts available to the race team (its impressive really, beautiful bike covered and filled with unobtainium that he said cost him over $100K US to build.) He reported that his full WSBK-spec 2013 only makes 3 more hp than a stock 2016 with the Accessory Race ECU (which isn’t the Corse ECU that my bike has) and exhaust. Speaking of which, this bike is the only I’ve seen for sale with the Corse ECU which is not the same as the other bikes for sale with the Race ECU. The Corse ECU has completely different electronics maps and also is set up for datalogging TPS channels thru CANbus (think Aim Solo DL), which the Race ECU and stock ECU do not allow.

Also, purchasing the RR model was deliberate over the RF. The 2016 RF’s Öhlins is street-spec. Non-NIX30 forks and a non-TTX Öhlins. So I put the money saved by getting the RR towards the properly-valved NIX-30 cartridges, TTX GP shock, revalved Ohlins damper, and two sets of forged Factory/RF wheels.

Additionally, only 1800 miles and clean title which I’ll be picking up tomorrow. And all street bodywork is available if the buyer wants that as well.

tigerblade likes this.
  14. crazydiablo

crazydiablo Well-Known Member

Are you moving to the east coast?

15. aftriathlete

Yep, end of June.

16. crazydiablo

crazydiablo Well-Known Member

You have PM

17. Scubarc51

Scubarc51 Active Member

Drop off in Chicago? Lol

aftriathlete likes this.
  18. aftriathlete

Born and raised in East Chicago IN, and my whole family is still there. So I KNOW you could use a road trip to Tucson right about now! It’s 75 deg here!

19. Scubarc51

Scubarc51 Active Member

All I hear is that your family misses you and you should bring the bike home. Haha actually I live in Hobart.

And that’s a hell of a drive

aftriathlete likes this.
  20. aftriathlete

Tell you what, you buy the bike from me now and I’ll deliver it to you end of June. :D