1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any tips to install hotbodies on a 07'gsxr 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Project phoenix, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Hey guys I recently got my hotbodies race fairings and have been looking for tips on how to install and what others have done to get it on... From what I can tell there are a few spots on the frame where the seat goes to drill into and bolt down the tail section. Does that mean I'll have to drill and then thread the hole so that I can tighten down a bolt? I'll be able to post pics Thursday, and my lower fairing I need to remove the kickstand and it has 2 bolts the left side seems like it bolts where the oem one bolts too, and the right side maybe bolts where an exhaust bolt goes but I'm not sure since I don't have a stand atm I still need my kickstand.
    And the uppers
    just bolt to the lower and then to where the rear view mirrors bolted too? If you have any advice or somewhere I can look I'd appreciate it, I don't just wanna start drilling and end up screwing up the kit.

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Start here:

Not your specific application, but will answer a lot of general installation questions.

3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

By the way: several other bodywork installs on STG's website. Check out their site.

4. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

And a newer GSX:

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If you have the stock CAT and exhaust on your GSX-R your Lower will burn..... I have seen some catch fire actually...

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Maybe you will get lucky ... i take it you didn't do a forum search on which bodywork brands to buy, and which to avoid..

7. Thank you guys, I'm going to be working on the install later this week and hopefully find a used rear stand so that I can mount my lower fairing without worrying about cutting to fit the side stand. I did a search but hotbodies was running a sale 50% off so I took my chances on it

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Youll be fine with the hot bodies.

Ive been using ebay plastics for my Racebikes for many years.
    $400-450 shipped and fitment has been great.

When i crash, the bodywork goes to the dumpster anyway. No sense in dpending twice as much for bodywork. Cheap bodywork is just as fast as expensive stuff.

TLR67 likes this.
  9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Why not just get optimal? Same price and better than the lower ones from what I've heard and experienced.

10. gapman789

I used optimal 20 yrs ago. they dont have '11+ gsxr 600/750 or aprilia rsv4 bodywork, which i need.

The ebay stuff ive been buying for years is from Peru. Fitment is the best ive ever dealt with. The dimples/mounts are dead nuts on 08 gsxr 750, '12 gsxr 600 and 13 rsv4 that i just put on in yhe last month.

3 new sets for $1300 from peru in less than 2 wks shipping. The stuff is nice.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. SWAT_Spyder76

SWAT_Spyder76 Well-Known Member

Send me a link for the 08 750, id be curious to see it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. gapman789

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. gapman789

Here's the '12 GSXR 600 and '13 Aprilia RSV4, same bodywork.

bodywork gsxr.JPG bodywork gsxr 1.JPG bodywork gsxr 2.JPG rsv4 body.JPG rsv4 body1.JPG