1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beeb Help on Exhaust ID

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Looking at an 02 RC51. Guy says it has Sato Racing Exhaust, but every RC51 Ive lusted after with satos has a gold oval circle for a name plate.

Ive never seen this star logo thing before.

Whats the deal?

Attached Files:

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

3. ClemsonsR6

Nope....

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Chinese replica. Never seen that sticker before. But to be honest, that was such a simple/basic design that many companies had, so from the picture it could be like 4-5 different brands with some ebay sticker on it. A bunch of them looked exactly the same if you looked at them from 10 feet away. The difference was mostly difference in quality, materials processing, etc.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Actually that might be legit. A buddy I used to ride with back in the day had a set of Satos on his RC51 and if I recall correct they had a badge that looked just like that. I think that was their old school logo before they revamped it to the new one you're more familiar with. I could of course be completely incorrect on that, but for sure that's not the first time I've seen a logo like that on a "Sato" exhaust on an RC51

EDIT: just found this pic on the interwebz

[​IMG]

03RumbleBee and sbk1198 like this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. twinn-burner

twinn-burner Well-Known Member

Legit....

8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

The Akra's look way better.

TurboBlew and StaccatoFan like this.
  9. ClemsonsR6

Word. Thanks all! I have never seen that logo, but wanted to be sure.

Do ageee R1Racer, the Akra does look better, but sound and performance advantage is certainly in the Satos corner.

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

SATO sounds so awesome. The mid mounts were said to have the best power results.

The Ladybird systems were very nice too!!

I had a full Ti Akrapovic system...and was very happy with the sound/look. And those geared cams!! :D