1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the lefties

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Nah - my thought on Bernie Sanders is that he's a smart guy with a big heart who is way too overly idealistic. Kind of like how Pence thought turning Indiana into a religious state would be a good idea. I don't think either of them mean to do bad, they just can't see past their own viewpoint of the world. I'd keep guys like Pence and Sanders close if I were in charge in the same way I check Drudge Report daily to avoid thinking Chicago represents a diverse set of political ideas.

At this point, I'm genuinely hoping he does his full 4 year stint and somehow blows up the two party system during the midterms. If Trump could somehow take us past 2 parties, I don't care how it occurred, I'd put his name up there with the greatest of them all.

Your average citizen who thinks both extremes are too loud and both parties are only out for your vote. Rational people - regardless of a final vote for Trump or Clinton - lost this election process (not just this election) a long time ago. The entire process is skewed to those with too much money, too much time, or both.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And it isn't surprising that a person who leans to the left would have primarily lefty friends and there's bound to be a few who were in the service thus probably producing the impression that huge numbers of lefties inhabit the Army.

“Pauline Kael famously commented, after the 1972 Presidential election, ‘I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don’t know. They’re outside my ken. But sometimes when I’m in a theater I can feel them.'”

3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Luckily for us, you're far too intelligent to question your own perceptions no matter how wrong you may be.
    Just keep on running that play.
    And make sure your buds all stick to their guns too.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good Lord...more anti-stupid labels. Let Darwin do his thing.

dtalbott and kangasj like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Anyone who believed Hillary to be the smartest woman in the world (you know who you are) is not qualified to judge anyone's intellectual capacity.

brex and kangasj like this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I haven't lost anything. My paycheck went up, my 401k and savings have gone up. Clinton and Sanders are not in office. What exactly have I lost? Every election year we are given multiple shit choices. This year was no different. The people who are best suited to be President don't want the job.

Bernie Sanders is an idiot who doesn't understand basic economics. I can see why you don't like Trump if you think Sanders is an intellectual.

8. Chino52405

"The contents in this post were submitted by a complete idiot. Read at your own risk." - 600 dbl are

9. 600 dbl are

I also have the pleasure of responding to complete idiots like yourself. It's the circle of life.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hakuna matata

dtalbott likes this.
  11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yet he beat all the Republicans in the primary in addition to the Hilldabeast.

I always chuckle at the moron thing. VERY few presidential candidates are morons. The vast majority are smart. You might not agree with them but that does not equate to moron.

12. Chino52405

As long as it doesn't devolve into a circle jerk, we'll have done our jobs here.

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Authentic Frontier Gibberish!

dtalbott likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Won't someone please help that man!!!!

dtalbott likes this.
  15. 600 dbl are

If by jobs you mean me enjoying the current economic increase and you acting like a crying bitch then yes, we are doing our jobs very well.

16. Chino52405

If this current economic increase get's you going at all, sounds like you've been life's bitch. Glad you have someone like Father Donald to keep you smiling these days.

17. Mike Dillon

Mike Dillon Well-Known Member

After your critique of my reading comprehension, I re-read your post. Perhaps I should have more clearly identified which point of your post I was addressing. I'll try again if you don't mind. You said in your OP, " I'm just fascinated how that you hate America so much that you are willing to disrespect the heroes that protect your rights to project your mental illness. I mean, that's a seriously pathetic hill to die on." This is assuming-the-sale in classic Trump rhetorical style, actually, and unhelpful in understanding what's going on.

I took that, with my available reading skills, as you saying that opposing Trump's parade was hatred of America and disrespecting of heroes. Many people who do not think Trump's parade is a good idea are not "lefties", America haters, or hero disrespectors. Then I cited a few examples.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

To those of you that do not understand what a military parade is actually displaying maybe you're not thinking it all the way to the end. Countries have military parades, not to show off to their own people especially, but to display to their potential enemies how disciplined the soldiers are and to show portions of the military hardware that might be impressive to those enemies. Look at it kind of like the big dog strutting around with his hackles up in sight of all the other dogs. He's showing that he's a mean mofo.
    By the way, the cost of having a parade is like you having to dig into your pocket the second time to pay for your coffee. It's still pocket change.

To add, for our boy Trump it might be just a display of marching the soldiers around for a yuge "look what I'm doing" kind of thing. Probably is but he's doing something that might be of further influence on down the road. I doubt that he's smart enough to know that though. :D

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I like, nay encourage everyone to have an opinion about the parade. In the OP, the second paragraph is referencing the planned protests and that is what the questions are about. I appreciate and respect that you, Chino, or some general all have an opinion and I hope that you're passionate about it. But you're citing examples for me and trying to answer questions that I never asked ;) Is the general going to lay down and block a tank? Probably not so I don't care if he likes or dislikes the parade. Do you get it yet?

If you are planning to protest, or support the protests...please answer the questions. If you like or dislike the parade, that's pretty damn awesome but I don't care. If you want to say whatever the hell you feel like on a public forum, kickass! But when you quote me and respond with answers to questions I'm not asking, I'll respond.
    Cheers!
    :beer:

Hey, why the hell is the beer emoji broken? It's not showing up? How am I supposed to offer a mofo a beer?:(