1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I have one AR left and would have sold it if I hadn't gone full moron and bought a bunch of ammo couple years ago for it. I have way too much 6.8 and 5.56. I've enjoyed hunting with my bolt actions much more than the AR's the past weekends.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This is what gave me the idea. This is the same rifle that I qualified with in boot camp and I always thought it was just downright beautiful. Too many gadgets on the new ones...give me a pure rifle. But Brownells is just a tad too proud of these:D

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/general/clientpage.aspx?bapid=606

triplestrong likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Troy came out with a line of similar replicas years ago. Also for stupid money. I think these companies are running out of ideas since the market is saturated.

rd400racer likes this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I agree with you. They may be running out of ideas.
    I also think a lot of them were calculating fat stacks of cash based on a different projected political outcome.
    Now they have a fuck-tonne of surplus inventory that is burning them.

5. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

The wholesalers had some crazy deals going on after the election, buy an ar and get a Springfield xds free. Every month there would be some wicked good deals, but mostly the generic stuff.

I like a pt111 for a beater no worry tote around pistol. Good feel, price, warranty, and if it gets scratches andcwear, no worries and no problem.

Ar platform in 5.56 doesn't really have much character with all kind of crap hanging on them, and they are everywhere. The Vietnam replica is an awesome idea, that has some character and the benefits of light weight and looking badass.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

See...caliber doesn't really matter:D

[​IMG]

JBraun, XFBO, scottn and 2 others like this.
  7. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Anyone get a few rounds through a Sig P365 yet? I got one on the way. Looks like a pretty nice piece in general. Capacity has me sold.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So Evelyne walked through the gun section at Bass Pro on Monday - she liked all the ones that were cool colors with no care about size/shape/anything else :crackup:

Her favorites were in WERA blue and one that was purple - she also preferred the colors be grips and some minor stuff not the entire weapon so it wasn't all bad.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

They are having some Sig issues. Sig apparently didn't order enough night sites, so was shipping them initially with faded ones that they must have found in a field somewhere. They then decided that was a bad idea and are giving initial owners a free upgrade to the X-Ray sites and will be equipping all new production with them as well without increasing the price. There have also been some reports of mushrooming where the slide is bashing into the barrel. So far Bruce Gray (Sig technical consultant) and Phil Strader (SIG USA), have pinned most of that on the fact that they ship the gun with the internals entirely caked in packing grease that most owners are neglecting to actually clean off prior to firing, compounded with crappy ammo. Their advice is to clean and lube prior to shooting, and run quality ammo. However, if the problem persists, they are stepping up and taking care of them.

There is a P365 owners group on FB where Bruce and Phil have been actively participating. It sounds like 90 percent of people are thrilled with them, including one shop that has already put 6,000 rounds through one with no problems. But there are some new product growing pains as well. I'm going to wait a few more months personally. Sig made a ton of running changes to the P320 early on without ever really formally announcing them. I suspect that may be the case here as well.

triplestrong and XFBO like this.
  10. Jedb

I get my "voluntary upgraded' 320 back tomorrow.
    I have two.
    First one has about 1K rounds through it, didn't get sent in.
    BNIB one got sent it so I can do a side/side comparison and see if I want to send the other in.

@shakazulu12 let me (us) know what you think about the 365.
    I'm pretty happy with the 320-compact in carry mode.

blkduc likes this.
  11. shakazulu12

I likely won't be shooting for a looooong time. I had that ACL surgery and am stuck on crutches for a while.

12. Jedb

Sorry about that dude. Hopefully that will get you back on your feet long term.
    No more basketball for you, my friend.

13. shakazulu12

Yeah going to dunk it one more time and then quit on my terms.

14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

First time Sig owners pay attention to this post. ALL Sigs should have that packing grease cleaned before shooting it. My duty P229 took me a while to clean that liquid concrete out and to this day my department still recommends running a thinner oil on the lube parts.

I picked up a G4 Glock 21 and CZ P10c the other day. We'll see how those run!

15. Jedb

You are a stubborn one. LOL
    Just make sure it's an 8' rim and you have bubble wrap on...

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hmm my M11-A1 was good to go straight out of the box. Must be a recent change.

17. shakazulu12

Phil Strader and Bruce Gray were both adamant about that. They said the P365 has more slide velocity than anything they have ever built before and will not be tolerant to leaving that crap in there. What is interesting is the thing that started the whole controversy over the slide battering issues was a youtube video where some tacticool guy got a hold of one and then proceeded to put 1,000 rounds in one sitting through it. He straight up said at the beginning of the video "I did not remove this grease" and then wondered why it wasn't running properly. The Glock fanbois that are still pissed about the MHS contract flooded the forums en mass and now it's a "design problem".

I think it's probably fine, and there is a range that put 6,000 rounds through one in a week and didn't even change the recoil spring and has had no issues at all. I'm just going to wait for the sites thing to blow over so I don't run the risk of picking one up with the dead sites and having to send the slide back in. Sig did acknowledge that was their bad and they are taking care of everyone. It's a micro 9, they are all going to be more finicky than a full size. But as long as they run good with proper lube and ammo, I don't think it's an issue.

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

People are loving to hate on sig lately. Mine has been great and I know it’ll work fine when i shoot it. Internet gun guys tend to be dweebs.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

just got a P6 from a relative last week. my first Sig, will have to take it to the range one of these days and see how it shoots. feels decent in the hand. From my understanding it's basically a P225. got a couple of magazines and a german holster with it as well.

20. BJR119

BJR119 Well-Known Member

Chiming in on the CZ P10c. I have over 30 pistols that I have fun with, build or compete with: Hk, Glock, STI, CZ, Kimber and S&W. The P10c is one hell of a gun. I was never a Glock fan boy (although I own two 17's, 19, 22, 34) but there is no argument that they are great guns. I have added triggers, connectors, springs, polishing and grinding to make my glocks run phenomenal. Without exaggeration, straight out of the box that cz felt better and was just as easy to shoot and most all of my "tuned" or "built" glocks. I only bring this up for context and as they are in direct competition. I carry a G19 and a cz75 on rotation with an enforce light in the appendix. The p10c in the same location (and using the same holster as my 19) is comfortable and hides better. So I have made this my main everyday gun. It fits my hand and points for me very well, I would even feel comfortable competing with this if needed. I am truly impressed. I've had it for almost two weeks and 1,500 rounds later, I am still very happy. However, because I cannot leave well alone, I have already added a flat trigger (hb industries) and polished the internals.

Pros: Accurate, soft to shoot, great stock trigger, adjustable grip size and small frame, reliable and fast
    Cons: Every turd wants one and they are hard to find, stock sights aren't great for night use, mag release could be stronger, hard to get parts/accessories for.