1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

what's everyone thoughts on the Husqvarna fx350? appears to be very similar to the ktm xcf350. hard to get parts for? stick with ktm? what sayeth the beeb? Ski

2. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Same bike, maybe different transmission, Husqvarna = ktm with different plastics, parts availability are the same, it's the same company, same bike.

3. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

I rode solo yesterday
    52A99EE2-8BA8-4D71-B23D-09F295A8C6D1.jpeg 3830E27E-6B2A-4608-9240-55A4C1AA1785.jpeg

XFBO and terminus est like this.
  4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I bought this old scoot back a few weeks ago. My dad bought this bike in 99 or so and rode it a few years then I took it over for a year or so and traded it off to a buddy in 04. My buddy rode it from 04 to 2015 and after 2 years of collecting dust I was able to buy it back. Planning on cleaning everything up and riding it occasionally and doing the vintage/post vintage harescramble at Vintage Days. I have it torn down about halfway now, going to try to put it back as close as I remember it when my dad bought it. Anyone know where to find some era appropriate graphics?
    RMX.jpg

Resident Plarp and tropicoz like this.
  5. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

What year is that? I have a boat load of 95 rm 250 parts laying around, if they fit they are yours for the cost of packaging and shipping.

6. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Same bike with a carbon fiber subframe.

Also

I’m going to sell my 17fc450 that I set up for woods racing if you are interested

I have a second kid on the way and gonna get an adventure bike and slow down a bit.

17fc450
    80hrs
    Well maintained etc
    Have 5 or 6 airfilters
    18inch wheel from a ktm xc
    Trail tech fan etc etc

terminus est likes this.
  7. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

1995. I think a fair amount of stuff crosses over from the RMX to the RM. I do love me some parts laying around!

8. tdelegram

PM me and I’ll get around to inventorying what I have.

9. JSS2016

JSS2016 Member

A buddy and I are looking at heading south sometime in March to ride some trails for 2-3 days. We’re in MI, thinking somewhere like NC, TN, GA. Any recommendations?

@Used2Bfast 2 - those pics a few posts up, where is that located? That looks amazing!

10. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Check out the Hatfield McCoy trail system in WV. Ridiculous amount of trails, single and double track, easy to gnarly.

11. Used2Bfast 2

694CF6B8-0459-4BE8-B5F9-F0EA078D4D99.jpeg 47545E1F-8891-4529-81DB-1A72AACC1244.jpeg B402971E-B426-4985-8F8D-B1A10BD089C2.jpeg
    Western NC. Local haunt way up in them-thar mtns.

I’d also maybe look into Brushy mtn in the piedmont of NC. Lots of good singletrack there.

Ga has Highland Park. Right on the Al line due west of Marietta. Lots of nice singletrack there.

Have a Rekluse Core exp coming for the YZ.

More pics from Fri just cause. Waiting for Spring. My phone insists on placing the pics on top. Oh well. The end.

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Was supposed to ride in the desert last weekend, but started working on my Mg Midget instead. My youngest brother rides 2003 RM125.jpg the 1987 RM125, I ride the 2003 RM125
    1987 RM125.jpg

13. tdelegram

durhamtown motorcycle park

14. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

I'm in single track paradise down here in WV. If you like singletrack, that is slow and somewhat challenging, ping me up. I live near several Hatfield trailheads and we never ride the Hatfield stuff because the singletrack there, while good in sections, is limited in the number of trails/miles. All of our stuff is informal, unmapped, unregulated and you need a local to lead you around.

tropicoz likes this.
  15. Slick-101

Slick-101 Well-Known Member

I'd like to come to WNC sometime and ride your stuff. It looks similar to what we do up here in WV.

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

if you want good single track and a variety of trails, head to GA.

about 1.5 hours west of atlanta is Highland Park. run by former WERA guy and Marietta Motorsports owner Paul Wright. Lots of well marked and maintained single track, and a few MX tracks. Camping and cabins, and hotels in Cedartown. Just south of rome GA. Easy to spend 2-3 days there, or split it up and hit Durhamtown Plantation on the east side of Atlanta, about the same distance. Mostly open trails, a few MX tracks, but a bit harder to find the single track and it's mostly tight stuff (not much elevation changes compared to HP).

both have rental bikes so you can just come down an ride vs. trailering. Highland Park rents KTM's and has a full service KTM shop on sight. the rentals at DP tend to be more entry to mid level bikes and MX bikes.

Or take Slick101 up on his offer, especially if you like first gear and crazy hills. :) He's got the good stuff...

17. JSS2016

JSS2016 Member

Thanks for the input guys. I looked up the Hatfield McCoy trails website and that looks awesome! I’ll look into the other options mentioned when I get a chance.

18. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Where are you in WV? I'm in Roanoke, VA and have been to a bunch of the Hatfield trails but would definitely be interested riding with some local folks. Went to Buffalo mtn. with a big group back in the fall and had a blast.

tropicoz likes this.
  19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I'll answer as he's probably out riding in the snow.. he's on the city limits of Charleston.

20. Used2Bfast 2

Visa versa. I think it’s prolly real close to the same type of terrain. We’re not that far away in reality, and of course it’s the same mtn chain.

I want to get up to a Hatfield and McCy next season sometime.