1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB RZ350 Transmission

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by jksoft, Jan 26, 2018.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm working on a RGV to Banshee conversion and am looking for a complete transmission (or as many gears as you have) from an RZ350.

I may also be interested in the top end of the RZ motor.

Banshee parts are plentiful but am having a much harder time finding anything from the RZ.

j

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Pm me your email and i can send you pics

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

PM sent.

4. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Cheetah Cub cylinders with Pro Designs Cool Head is the way to go on the top end. Yamaha Blaster pistons.

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I saw some of your posts on another Banshee thread and I will definitely be hitting you up for more info as I get into this. The reason I was thinking about the top end of the RZ engine is the potential for converting to use the powervalves. I'm not sure if that is something I actually want or not or is evening worthwhile, just something I have been considering. Do you have any info on the pros and cons of using the powervalve setup?

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

With the right set up there is no need for powervalves. The OEM cylinders are such an old port design. Ignition becomes ultra simple with no powervalves or other things to control. Just need to control spark timing.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I sent that guy a message although he doesn't seem too keen on breaking up the whole package. I did find a other post on there with some bits and pieces.

9. wolfeman28

wolfeman28 2 Stroke Fever

I have a stock RZ drive/counter shaft with gears I just pulled out since I have a Nova set going in, if you are still looking.

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I am working on another deal but will let you know. Thanks.
    J

11. wolfeman28

wolfeman28 2 Stroke Fever

Sounds good.