1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impending Schumer shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jan 19, 2018.

1. G Costanza

G Costanza Well-Known Member

Every time one of us says, “it’s all the Dems fault...” Or “It’s all the Rep’s fault...” we’ve already become the sheep.

Some of you guys talk about these politicians and feed into their manipulative games just like they’re the latest contestant on a reality show. Except this isn’t Cupcake Wars or Jersey Shore. This is the United States of America.

jase, R1Racer99 and cpettit like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Here's my take.....Everyone who is furloughed and not required to work (ie not the police, soldiers, etc) should not get paid for time not worked. To be "fair" I would allow them to take vacation pay in lieu of no pay. ...

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Too bad Trump alone can't pass legislation involving Congress, something like docking THEIR salaries when they shutdown government or pull off these 'no shows'. These scumbags aren't accountable to anyone and we wonder why they become so arrogant and elitist-like???

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

This whole subjects PISSES me off, and this is as far reading before I had to open my mouth.
    I'm pissed that some seem to only care about ONE issue and that's OK to shutdown, (which isn't) the government.
    I really expected Trumph to stay in character and do an executive order.
    If you don't work you won't be paid, period no paid vacations. That would start the ball rolling.
    Why the rhino's seem unable to actually think.
    America I was sent to represent YOU, not children from other countries. ONCE we are actually running the country let's discuss how to properly, legally deal with this issue.
    To start with, I'm all in favor of reciprocity with all countries following there guidelines on THIS SAME ISSUE.

(Please name one country that give citizenship to a child if it's born there from foreign parents) Please name one country that gives citizenship to children the enter another country like this DACA bill would allow.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m not so concerned about the parties. But I am about liberals and their whacky mind set. When a majority of these convoluted whacky liberals support Dems while an overwhelmingly majority of Dems are hitching their own wagons to these whackos then it is a Dem issue just as much as a liberal one by default. The Dems have whored themselves out to illegals and inner city folk in order to help maintain their own. Take a peak at any You Tube video showing these demonstrations and it’s beyond clear who the majority of the nut jobs are.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Several countries allow “jus soli.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli

8. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

So all children NOT born here this would not apply, including the bus loads sent in from South America.
    Also means we need to control our boarders and VISA's enforcing both.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Exactly. The anchor babies are another problem that needs to be addressed but what gets me is that people want to give people under DACA more rights and privileges than my kids who came to the US legally.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

And?

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Something that I've not yet understood is why Obama, with a presidential signing, created DACA in spite of objections, and yet when Trump tries to kill it a Federal Judge steps in and interferes with Trump's action. Am I remembering this wrong?

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah I'm wondering just how good at math some of the liberal talking heads are when they're saying that it's the Republicans shutting the government down because they control the House, Senate, and the White House. Are they just not smart enough to understand that it takes 60 votes to control the Senate when there are only 51 Republicans in that body? Trump is talking about using the nuclear option but that might cause more problems on down the road. Is that a good idea?

13. In Your Corner

They know it, but the useful idiots don't.

14. In Your Corner

You remember correctly.
    DACA is possibly illegal and certainly unconstitutional.
    The President can't make laws, that right is reserved for Congress.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

While that is true he could just tell the authorities to basically treat it with the lowest possible priority. Spend your resources elsewhere. The executive branch has that authority.

I am actually surprised at the liberals I know agreeing that the Democrats have a hand in the shutdown . The R group is willing to move on DACA, but the D group won’t move on the “wall”.

Meanwhile my friends who work for contractors will have to use up their vacation or take leave without pay. Then they will have to work extra to make up time and most are not hourly. The government workers will have to spend a bunch of time making up for the lost work time. Taxpayers will most likely have to pay for them to sit at home, reschedule trips, fly back from meetings and conferences early. Sucks all around.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No matter how much the Dems dont want to own this, they just cant get the stink off.

I dont know one person blaming the GOP on this one. Not one. Bad tactical move on the Dems part.

18. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I know a few people blaming the Repugnants for it, but these are the people who believe that everything they are told to think by MSDNC is absolutely true.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

“Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump said. “I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”

He said that further down in history, “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

“They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington,” Trump said.

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Excellent post of another area where Trump is wrong. Nobody with a brain is blaming him.