1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog shot on Long Island...

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Jan 20, 2018.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

A friend is on the road with his dog in a side hack rig, so couch surfing all over the states. He is currently staying with a childhood friend on Long Island.
    Standard SOP, he is outside having a smoke while his dog ‘takes a break’. The dog wonders towards the neighbors house, so he calls him to come back. He is a pretty inquisitive dog, so slow to respond, while his nose is ‘working’... A moment later he hears a pellet rifle discharge, and his dog yelps, and comes back bleeding from a wound to his stomache, and pissing blood.
    Vet visit reveals a pellet in the dogs stomache, but not enough damage to justify surgery. Antibiotics, and other meds are prescribed by the vet. Costs $ 400 + plus time and effort.
    While he is at the vet with his dog, the property owner (where he is staying) confronts the neighbor, and the neighbor confesses to shooting the dog.
    I suggest he call the police, press charges, and sue for the cost of the vet bill, plus his time and effort as ‘damages’. I beleive that in most jurisdictions this will also get the property owner arrested for cruelty to an animal, which stays on his record.

What sayeth the beeb?

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Did they get the pellet out?

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Recommendation : shove the pellet gun up the neighbor's ass and fire. Repeat as desired.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Fuck that guy! If killing the neighbor’s entire family while he watches, and then feeding him alive to hungry rats that eat him from the ass up isn’t an option, then certainly pursue every legal avenue possible to punish him.

5. Lavana

Lavana The coming

what kind of dog? And who the hell is loaded and ready with B.B. gun?

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

WTF kind of reasoning would the neighbor have for doing some shit like that?
    Its a fucking dog!!!! People suck!!

Might I suggest a high dive with boots upon neighbors head? but in a loving Christian way..

th97OBEUCE.jpg

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Not a chance in hell that neighbor would be sleeping anytime soon. Anyone seen the scene from one of the Bond movies where Bond is tied to a chair with no seat and sitting with no pants on. Fuck that guy.

Attached Files:

8. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

They should be stomping that guy's guts out.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Do it the legal way, call the cops and get it on record. You never know where things will go from here, so best to document and take the high road.

Razr and Banditracer like this.
  10. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

He filed a report.
    I told him that he should request a LEO to come out, and document the dogs injuries for his report.
    The LEO’s report would substantiate his claims, with the Vet’s report seconding the claims if the guy wanted to talk about his actions in court.
    Then I would ask the court to document the shooting for the record, and press the issue that the guy shouldn’t have any type of gun.

The vet’s said the surgery would put the dog more at risk, than leaving the pellet in him.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

I got a pang of immense anger reading that. Neighbor would be receiving a pellet from an unknown direction everyday for the next week.

terminus est likes this.
  12. I would press charges if possible. Long Island doesn’t take ANY kind of ‘weapon’ charge lightly. I grew up in Nassau county and they were extremely quick to add felony charges to anything and everything they can especially ‘weapons’. At the very minimal animal cruelty.

I would make this dude pay and I don’t mean financially.

Find out if he’s in Nassau or Suffolk. At least 2 guys I know are detectives in Suffolk. They can probably make something happen. I’ll call and report animal abuse on multiple animals. I have zero problem making this piece of shits life hell even if nothing happens. Fuck him.

Edit. Sent a quick text, I need an address.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    kangasj, Fencer, j cal and 5 others like this.
  13. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

There’s porbably some pellet gun ordinance with Long Island. Police there would know.

Certian forms of animal cruelty are summary offenses, but recently, PA just raised them to misdemeanors.

I had a neighbor grab another neighbor’s dog by the leash staked into the front and drag it all over the front yard, yanking it because it was barking at another person. I got a conviction on the guy and he’s still paying off the $500 he owes.

A pellet gun injury should be an easy charge.

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Duc is onto something....."discharging a weapon" up there is seen as a pretty heavy offense by gun control freaks (NY)

don't let it slide.....

Banditracer likes this.
  15. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Makes me wanna drive to LI and shoot that fuckface in the guts with a pellet gun. No good piece of shit. I would absolutely press charges on the fuckin dickbag.

Banditracer likes this.
  16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Another vote for fuck the guy up in whatever way possible. Criminal charges will be longer lasting than physical pain and you don't get in trouble like you would for burning his house down with him and his entire family in it...

17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I like "The Pain" as suggested by The Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride.

That guy is an ass!:mad:

Fencer likes this.
  18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I'm a dog person, and I have a question:

When confronted, did the neighbor offer a reason on why he shot the dog?

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Alcohol is usually involved in these things.

20. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I saw this yesterday and didn’t want to read it. Glad the pooch is going to be relatively okay. I’d get the cops involved...I doubt this is the first animal this guy has screwed with.