1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CafeRace where have you been

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Oct 18, 2017.

1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

That escalated quickly.
    Bummer.

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Or de-escalated. But, yeah.

3. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Certainly not very encouraging... :(

As I said in another thread, Jim always seemed to live "on the fringe" and bounced around from situation to situation. I hope that he really is okay.

4. Not sure what Gear that shifted things into but at least 7th off the red limiter.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

This saddens me, but I suppose it is not entirely surprising. I feel bad for the folks that were caught out, and I feel bad for Jim because of circumstance. Still, if true, the thievery is inexcusable. Is anyone interested in a collection to make those folks whole?

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Too soon?

[​IMG]

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  7. No because she could be full of shit.

condon66 likes this.
  8. dsapsis

I thought of that, but on the balance of evidence it seems unlikely.

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So has Jim had a drinking problem for quite some time? I know he had employment issues, and that would make sense.

Shenanigans and 418 like this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

You guys do realise that pretty much the whole time Jim has been posting here he's been homeless and jobless right? Her story is not out of the realm of possibility.

Shenanigans likes this.
  11. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've been aware of that. Thus my previous comment. He always talked a big game though...

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I always thought the homeless thing was kind of a running gag with him, and the living in the desert in Mexico was by choice and probably exaggerated. Maybe not...

BigBird and 418 like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup:Back in the 1990's my Dad and I would take the hand pull rope barge across the Rio Grande down by the Progreso / Rheinosa area into old Mexico in his Chevy pickup.

We were running old wide row corn heads that were cut to 30" and 20" rows down to the Mexicans.

It was awesome. We only got bandidoed once.
    I love Mexico. Paid for my non Ivey league pretentious college.
    So how is being able to congegate a verb make you money anyway.:crackup:
    My Dad fucking rocks. :bow:

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Any idea what the charity was for?

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Wasn't it for hurricane relief ?

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Food and supplies for the people impacted by that hurricane that went through Cabo. I remember him posting on Facebook about buying a bunch of food at Costco. I sent him $50. I know several sent a lot more.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Set it up Dave, I'm in for a few $

18. dsapsis

Hence...
    Correct.
    This guts me, because mostly I want to throttle him. I totally understand those of you that even think it's foolish.
    I'll seed in $50 and Anything I get up to 500 bucks I'll send south, then I'll shut it down -- any surplus caught in transit will go them Kesler kids.
    paypal is letter d sapsis (no break) comcast dot com

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Not sure if you're FB friends with him but he posted he needed a place to sleep more than once on there. And he wasn't joking.

I had a feeling that he was a personable/good guy that has ran the patience of people around him who cared/loved him out.

I'm prepared and hope to be wrong tho.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe too much tequila in the hot sun.
    Alcohol will catch up to you eventually.

terminus est likes this.