1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluance Fi50 bluetooth spkr

Discussion in 'General' started by condon66, Jan 3, 2018.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Any chance that someone here has one? I'm considering picking one up. Pro reviews look pretty good.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No idea, but I'm going to piggyback with a general Bluetooth question. Does Bluetooth transmit on significantly lower channels/tracks as a wired connection? I notice when my phone is connected via Bluetooth instead of hardwired, many of the finer points of a song (really high notes, sometimes even entire parts of an accompanying instrument) are missing.

3. condon66

PSA: ryoung57 does not know if any forum member owns a Fluance Fi50........so don't ask him.........cause he doesn't know. :mad::D

G 97 and badmoon692008 like this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Bluetooth compresses sound data to transfer wirelessly, so you definitely lose definition vs. a wired connection.

5. condon66

There ya go heinz57...now you know.

6. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

We have them in our lobbies where I work, one per 45x45 lobby.
    The sound quality is very good and they have proven to be durable. Never have any problems with the bluetooth staying connected. They use basic Android pads to keep the music streaming through iHeart Radio.

condon66 likes this.
  7. condon66

Do you feel that the bass is a little too much? I've seen very few comments stating that but, I have seen them.

8. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

Never seems to be a problem with the bass. The floors in the lobbies are all marble and they have 20ft ceilings.
    The sound always covers the area really well and equal. You may be able to adjust it from the EQ on whatever your using to stream from if its too much.

condon66 likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Silly me. I figured you all about that bass.

10. condon66

Yeah....and no treble.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would check out JBL. I would also get one that is both Bluetooth and WiFi capable.

condon66 likes this.