1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week's Pit Bull fatalities:

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Repo Man 32, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

The girl in Virginia killed and partially eaten by her own pets.

Here locally, two mini horses and one full size horse fell victim to 3 of them.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...-after-killing-2-mini-ponies-horse/961077001/

I know, they're "great dogs!" , but there are other great dogs that don't kill and eat members of their own family....
    *************************************************************************************************
    Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they're responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982
    **************************************************************************************************
    The most horrific thing I have seen in my life was 3 Pitt "puppies" mauling their own litter mate to pieces in a back yard. But they're Great dogs!

Somehow I think a litter of LabraDoodles would not do this.

We have a hearding dog. He tries to heard the cats, and our Grandchildren - even though we never trained him to heard. It's his instincts.

SO: would it be a stretch to say that a breed that has been trained over centuries to attack would revert back to their instincts, even attacking and eating their owner??

Discuss, enlighten me....

Mran556 likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Why...you have already decided. We can't help that some people either are just piss poor dog owners or pick the wrong breed for their lifestyle or personality.

badmoon692008 and SWAT_Spyder76 like this.
  3. heytchap

heytchap Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about unstable bikes falling off pit-bull stands. color me shocked..

4. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

A pic of our new ferocious new puppy.....getting him this weekend. He is an American Manchester Terrier by the way....not a min pin......

[​IMG]

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

No dog in this fight, :D but..

My son had a pit and a mutt, he raised them both with great care and kindness.

The mutt was very quiet, never aggressive. son went one day and the pit had torn the throat out of the mutt.

I have two friends who are vets, and both say they would never trust their kids around pits.

No that they are all bad, but they had seen too many times they turned aggressive and mauled or killed. And yes, more than other breeds.

YMMV

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As many have stated, not all pits are bad and a lot depends on the owner. However, with so many other options out there, why take a risk, particularly if you have young children in the house?

SuddenBraking, Banditracer and cav115 like this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

http://www.bickellfoundation.org/bickspits

IMO it's 98% douchbag dog owners, and 2% breed. The fact that douche bags tend to gravitate toward "tough" dogs, skew's the #'s a bit. I mean, you lose all street cred it you walk a Poodle down the street with a big choker chain in your wife beater. But put a big tough pitbull on the end of that chain and you're a somebody.

rk97 and SWAT_Spyder76 like this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Some dogs are nuts and beyond socializing like humans...

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Cute little shit. :)

Ducti89 likes this.
  11. Venom51

This perception has everything to do with the amount of damage larger dogs can inflict. All the irrational psychotic behavior is overlooked when the dog weighs less than a good bear shit. But even the out of control little rat dogs are mostly made that why by their owners behaviors. It's just considered cute when they do it.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What does any of that have to do with the dungeon?

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pitbull voted for Obama. :D

BigBird, Elsinore and cav115 like this.
  14. SWAT_Spyder76

SWAT_Spyder76 Well-Known Member

The police said that in the case of the woman who was eaten, she left the dogs with her father and he wasn’t taking care of them... id imagine that could make them revert back to less domesticated behaviors, especially if they were cold and unfed. And she was probably an easy target for them. I don’t blame the dogs, more so people who have them, but for one reason or another, fail to properly take care of them. All dogs are capable of harming someone but (stereotypes incoming) look at who typically owns pit bulls (same as stated earlier). In most cases, and imho they are not people who should be trusted with kids, dogs, or even a potato gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. Venom51

There are plenty of people who can't or shouldn't be trusted with kids either.

crashman, rk97 and BigBird like this.
  16. SWAT_Spyder76

That population of people grows larger by the minute!

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And clues shouldn't be ignored.

[​IMG]

cav115 likes this.
  18. SWAT_Spyder76

That seems legit!

19. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Any dog that "turns" on it's owner (or another pet or person) has previously displayed some sort of aggression that was ignored or misunderstood by the owner. They don't just maul anything out of the blue. A dog displaying dominance by growling, or protecting its food is a huge cue that dog owners miss - a dominant dog is not a good pet. These attacks are purely the owners fault.

20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Not always true. See above. That dog showed zero signs until then. Played with daily. The vets I know have confirmed they have seen that also.

Pits from good, loving homes have turned without notice. Probably other breeds also, but they commented they don`t trust them , especially with kids.