1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 autoblip - Translogic vs Woolich

Discussion in 'Tech' started by -Eric-, Dec 19, 2017.

1. blake holt

blake holt Well-Known Member

I dont work for Translogic btw(but damn, maybe i should)

2. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Do any of you guys feather the clutch on down shifts? (Prior to installing an auto blip system) I'm interested in the Translogic stuff primarily for the warm up cycle. I think the auto blip is a cool feature also, but are you using it as a clutchless down shift or are you still clutching the shifts? I feather the clutch release a lot on the last down shift to use engine braking to settle the bike down before tip in, which is why I ask. I have yec stuff, so I can adjust eb in software, but I find that every turn is a little different so my clutch feathering is my fine adjustment.

3. blake holt

The only time i touch the clutch is start and i can back in bike or keep wheels in line depending on corner and what i need. I will say that our Turn One engine braking maps are incredible, so that plays a part. Im not the only one that rides like this with this system either.

4. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Just so everyone is aware, there is a flash already in Europe for the YEC ecu to add blipper to it and you ended up adding a pin to the little ecu plug to add the sensor to.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yes.. especially on low gear downshifts. Still manually letting the lever out slow to get it just right. Keep in mind, only 1 weekend on the translogic stuff. I wouldn't spend $700 to JUST get the warm up feature. it only blips to about 2500-3000rpm for a short time, then you have to hold the button for a few seconds again to have it blip another cycle. I like it, but i wouldn't spend $700 if that is the only reason you are getting it.

the auto blip sets up the downshifts perfectly though. And allows you to brake with harder, if not at least, more consistent lever pressure.. every time. Listen, i'm a tough cookie to make learn new shit. I STILL standard shift for goodness sake, but i'm pretty certain, this is a a worthwhile addition to an 08-16 R6.

blake holt likes this.
  6. blake holt

Greg, i think you will find over time and once you gain trust in the system that left hand will move less and less for that lever. Of course, with all the variables between motor builds, engine management, whether you run a modified slipper(seems like i remember you saying you dont modify, you address with eb tuning??), that might be enough to require a different style.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

That's the thing, I've gotten to where I don't blip at all, so I can already focus my right hand on just brake application. I use the clutch to get some EB and allow the engine to catch up with the wheel and it's been working well for that last downshift. That's why I was curious if this is even beneficial to me. I like cool shit though, haha.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  8. MXjunky

MXjunky I just wanna go FAST!

Whats the latest on the translogic setup Greg? After a full season did you make any further changes? Also can somebody explain the addition of the YEC harness and how it benefits the translogic system vs OEM and flash tune? More adjustability options with YEC?

9. MELK-MAN

love love love the trans logic auto blip. only adjustments made were increasing duration of blip at higher rpm range.. so it would work with the slipper clutch better. less backing in. At first i was unimpressed that you can't change qs kill times per gear, but it works as is. same kill time in all gears.
    I have same setup, same settings, on both bikes. one bike has flash tune, one bike is YEC. Far more adjustability with flash tune. almost too much.. beyond what is needed for most of us. yec is much simpler to use, and you don't have to be connected to internet to make changes. but.. ftecu does come with basic traction control.

lonewrench, MXjunky and blake holt like this.
  10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The Translogic is so easy to install. Works flawless. Check with the folks at Superbike Unlimited. Good guys to deal with.

And if you've got a reason to switch between standard and GP shift (endurance race), that's incredibly easy too.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It can be switched from push to pull and tip of a toggle? Calling Team Ghetto Endurance...

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

which R6 are u guys using this on?

13. MELK-MAN

i have a pair of 2008's ..

stangmx13 likes this.
  14. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

There are 2 plugs that come out of the Translogic sensor. One goes to the QS one to the blipper, push or pull you just switch the plugs. So you could probably make them switchable

15. -Eric-

-Eric- Well-Known Member

So I started this thread, then bought a Translogic setup after some of the feedback in the beginning. This reply echos my feelings about it pretty much exactly. The instructions for adjustments look like a PITA so I wait a little bit to not downshift in such a high RPM. I kinda wish I could just plug it in to adjust it on a computer, but I know that adds cost. It's 96% perfect and riding with it makes sliced bread seem like a shitty idea.

lonewrench likes this.
  16. MELK-MAN

agree.. adjusting is a TOTAL PITA .. i've been lucky. The 2 adjustments i decided i needed to make, i had someone at the track that was familiar with the incredibly tedious adjustment procedure. Anthony Corbo with bauce racing was at summit point and we added blip duration to the superbike, then my buddy Ed Sullivan (westby racing) is my garage mate at Daytona, and i had him adjust same on my supersport bike.
    You can get a $50 dial switch for quick shifter kill time .. no need to go through the long process to adjust kill time, you want more kill time ? turn dial. Less qs kill time? turn the dial the other way.

MXjunky and blake holt like this.
  17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Agree 100% I love my translogic, and Freddy at superbike is great at customer service.

lonewrench likes this.
  18. MELK-MAN

the warm up feature is bullshit. doesn't work well at all. don't get it for that feature. it doesn't blip enough to be worth while, and it lets rpm drop drastically low on the down idle. I don't use it, and just light blip my bikes to warm em.

I still use the lever to do downshifts. Do i feather it all the time ? no. Sometimes ? yes. I didn't like the idea of extra trans wear. I felt i had to shift harder to get clutchless downshifts..
    So you would now ask "Greg, why did you even get it" ? :) Not having to rev match, and JUST concentrate on front brake.. is fukin awesome.

MXjunky likes this.
  19. MXjunky

MXjunky I just wanna go FAST!

Great information from the past few days. Thank you guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

20. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member