1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harassment...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

We haven't even gotten into the amount of paternity leave for women compared to men. Assuming all things equal (rank/ TIS, etc) they work less hours that year and make the same.

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'll believe in equality when servers start putting the check in the middle of the table. :D

I stare the server directly in the eye, as I slowly push the check across to the other side and say, "Oh, no... I'm unemployed," and then wink at her.

badmoon692008 and dtalbott like this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So show me the data along with real examples.
    I've never worked anyplace where men were paid more than women to do the same work, but I've seen many instances where women were paid to do the same job but not expected to do as much as the men.
    Show me an example where men and women are paid differently strictly because of their gender.

If you weren't hired to do a job, what makes you think it was just because you're female rather than they found someone else who was a better candidate?
    And really, these days companies are dying to hire women to fill positions mostly held by men, so if it's a choice between a qualified male and a somewhat less qualified female, the female is going to get the job, so chances are you just lost out to a better candidate
    Far easier to blame men, though, you're just a victim of patriarchy.

You might make less than the dumb fuck before you because he had been working longer.
    You probably also expect to be paid more for your experience than somebody who
    was just hired or has less experience, don't you?
    Btw, you will be the dumb fuck who screwed everything up in the eyes of the next person who holds your position, just as you're a wonderful driver and everyone else on the road is an asshole.
    It's because everyone who does the job will do it their way and think it's the best way.

How exactly did you calculate that you are making 20% less than what you're worth?
    Is it maybe possible you aren't worth as much as you think you are?
    All positions pay a range of salaries that vary from company to company so if you are worth 20% more elsewhere, why not go there?
    That's what go-getters do. You chase the money if you want it.

There aren't a lot of women in upper management positions because not that many women want to put in the hours and sacrifice required to reach those positions.
    Women, as a group, don't like working nights or weekends or being on call.
    Most men don't either, but women are just not, as a group, as industrious as men.

Women, as a group, don't like hard work, and the proof of that is all around you.
    You look at any dirty, dangerous job, and it's overwhelmingly men doing it.
    Women are really set on parity in the office, but not so much on the loading dock.
    It's not equality of opportunity you demand, it's equality of outcome.

I doubt you'll listen to this because it will undermine your beliefs, but I'll leave it here.
    It's a good short history and explanation of current feminist beliefs and how they impact society by
    an ex-feminist who now works for men's rights.
    It will explain why you are not, in fact, enlightening us to the existence of the situation as it
    really is but rather showing us how you have been taught to perceive it through the eyes of a victim.

Perhaps this will give you some insight into your belief that you're terribly underpaid.

And then there's this.
    Men and women really are different no matter how badly some people want that to not be the case.

And now, after all that typing, I really could use a sammich but my wife is in Vermont for the weekend.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Spot on.

6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

You shoved an awful lot of shit in my mouth I never said, nor do I think. Never once did I demand anything - just laid out what was there. Yes I AM underpaid, no I didn’t pin it on any certain factor or discrimination.

I gave you data - you obviously didn’t look at it.

Your market value can easily be calculated with a bit of salary and educational research.

The guy sitting in my seat before me absolutely did not have more experience than I did, nor was he there longer. He actually is unemployed last I heard because he is a dumb fuck that walked through the shop karate chopping things and throwing temper tantrums when he was upset.

Your one single female source isn’t going to cut it anymore.

Nothing I say will change your opinion that I am just some cunt that wants a leg up because of my tight, wet hole.

So, kindly quote factual data for the shit I’ve asked for before you demand I site more sources.

And don’t you dare try to tell me what my beliefs are. Mine fluctuate as I learn new things, what do yours do?

PS: I know I didn’t get the job because of my feminine demeanor, I was told when I called and asked. I always follow up with missed opportunities so I can learn how to improve. I made them doubt that I could handle the men in the shop.

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Ever hear of a self fulfilling prophecy? If that’s what they thought they’d have undermined you had they hired you and made it come true. Be glad you didn’t get it.

8. CausticYarn

I am not mad about it at all. I learned from it and moved on. Just like everything else in life I want: I keep working for it. Failure is a lesson - those that refuse to learn from it are doomed to keep failing.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You talking about me? :Poke: :Poke:

10. CausticYarn

No dear. I had you that night we sat in the tailgate of your truck at the gas station over 10 years ago.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeah, but he's easy...and cheap.

12. CausticYarn

He was a rebound and I was still living with my ex boyfriend. He drove through town leaving the track one night, so I walked over there and we listened to music and chatted for a while.

I was 24 and had no clue about the world.

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I know WAY too much about you, your man, and your life.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We're a fucking Hallmark Network special. :crackup:

15. CausticYarn

Eh.
    I am psychotic.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was thinking more like 48 hours.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What makes you think either of us enjoy a banana in the tailpipe? :Poke:

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Wrong movie.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  19. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

ive seen it happen in my field

ive also seen some women make considerably more than equal men, but usually it's the other way around

it is what it is. i would like an equivalent amount of paid time off as smokers taking smoke breaks and discounts on my health insurance as a result of not smoking, but i'm never gonna see any of that, either

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Actually many companies do offer a discount to non-smokers on their health insurance.

badmoon692008 and stk0308 like this.