1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running boards

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Need to get some for my wife's 4Runner.

What kind, and where to buy?

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I got some NFabs bars... Very happy with them...

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What year 4runner? My son took his off and they're in my shed taking space. I have a feeling your vehicle is newer than his (02).

4. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

It's a 17

5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I've got Westin nerf bars on my '12 Silverado. Put them on in Oct of '12, and they're in great shape. They're black powder coated, and no chipping or pitting. Little bit of fade, but I live in Syracuse, so they've had to put up with the winters up here and all the salt and crap from the roads. Very happy with them.

Bought them online from RealTruck.

RealTruck was great to work with. I ordered some window flares, and they'd sent the wrong ones. I contacted them on the error, they told me to keep the ones they sent, and shipped the correct ones that day/next day. I sent the wrong ones back (I didn't want something I didn't pay for). Have gotten some other accessories here and there... I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again.

6. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Where are you located?
    We are about to pull them off our 15.
    I don't want to deal with shipping.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you're asking rd400 he's in the Louisville area.

8. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

OEM look the best IMO, but they're about useless because they're so close to the body. My wife used to curse hers day in and day out for being useless shiny pieces of shit.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Post up a wanted ad on the T4R forum, lots of guys take the factory ones off cause they're a bunch of badass wannabe offroaders

10. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Nah if the OP wanted stock ones they will be free just not interested in shipping them

11. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

PM sent

12. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

A big public thanks to TLR and the BEEB. Had a buddy in his neck of the woods pick them up for me today, and I'll get them two states over to my new residence within the next few weeks.

Wife is super stoked, which from what I understand is always a good thing.

tlr74, Canadian Bacon and pjzocc like this.
  13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Usually.