1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A production 250cc two-stroke revival?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Dec 11, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I remember when the 96 GSXR750 came out. I thought that the tail section was the ugliest part ever fitted to the production motorcycle. That god-awful bronze paint scheme didn't help. I took the first one in town for a spin outside the dealership. It got really pretty really fast. Especially since I couldn't see it while riding it. :D

panthercity, ToofPic and vance like this.
  2. Not a bit. :D

I think the CBR600RR is ugly as fuck. And that thing is what is left over when the CBR600RR takes a shit.

3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

70 or 85 hp seems certainly attainable considering what the 250 aprilia street bikes were. Heck the real gp 250s were 100hp by the end of their production but required constant attention. My 28 year old tz is over 70 hp.

I am quite sceptical the street version can be 200 lbs and close to affordable.

I also suspect their engine is not all new but based on the Suzuki (like aprilia did) or maybe two yamaha 125s joined together or some such.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd ghost ride that right into broome's Jaguar.

Banzai motherf@cker!

418, ToofPic and Sweatypants like this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I like it, but not many will be made and it will become another novelty collectible after they go out of business.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Not Broome approved means it will be a success.

Sweatypants and Gorilla George like this.
  7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

it's going to cost too much to matter.

8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i thought i was the only one that absolutely hated the new one. the front is so damn bad. the 08'ish CBR600 was such a good looking bike until whenever it got a face lift.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Why would you go with the parallelogram front suspension? Just go with good standard forks! Sounds like they are over designing it to me. It will be too expensive for anyone but our favorite insurance agent to buy.

metricdevilmoto and cpettit like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

It looks a lot better in the carbon version,and the hot slot sitting on it helps tremendously.
    Maybe done up in pure race form it would be more appealing to the eyes?
    I absolutely Hated the new cbr 1k when it was released in 08'',but once I saw it in race glass,it was acceptable.
    It still took yrs to adjust my eyes to the ugly
    .I felt the same way about the droopy tail on the tz 250.
    Rocky Stargel had a new one straight from Japan,and I thought the tail had to be some kind of joke.
    Either way,if it goes like stink,and smells 2 strokey,I would ride it!!:clap:

Whats that goofy C mean in $'s?

12. Sweatypants

euros man. it means like 1.15 x the amount of dollars give or take... so like $47k and $59k USD.

ToofPic likes this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

~$59k

ToofPic likes this.
  14. ToofPic

I don't get out much:D
    That's some coin!!

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Almost $59k
    Too late!

16. Sweatypants

no bullshit. $20-something would be doable... that's like ex-BSB/WSBK/Moto2 money. too rich for my blood.

broome: buy one and just put different fairings on it. or have your own fairings made from scratch, i got a carbon guy for that. it'll only cost you all the water in 20 gas stations...

17. I agree 100%. I cant stand the front of it. Ruins the whole bike.

18. ToofPic

Yea..for that amount you could find a 500 from some ones collection and hit the ground with some big HP.

19. :crackup:

20. Sweatypants

there's a barry sheene RGB500 on ebay right now for $127k... probably not quite the performance of a more modern one, but then sheene. maybe it comes with free ladies and some metal skeletal hardware thrown in.

ToofPic likes this.