1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooper's Treasure

Discussion in 'General' started by rk97, May 9, 2017.

1. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

If you haven't seen it you have to watch the original "Treasure Quest" series from 2009 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1358087/ (not the new snake island crap).

12 episodes and they end up finding a legit ship wreck with treasures worth over $500 million. Not a lot of BS either, just straight treasure hunting.

2. MotoGP1199

Ok so it isn't just my DVR that keep recording the show with different episode titles and it being the same shit. One was a 2 hour episode and I thought oh cool a new one, nope episode 1 and 2 with a different title. WTF.

r6boater likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Most of these shows spend the first 2 minutes when they come back from commercial replaying what they just showed before the commercials and then they spend the minute before they go to commercial showing you what's coming up next.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yes they do and it pisses me off. :mad:

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

1hr time slot, 5 minutes of "what happened last week", 20 minutes of commercials, 15 minutes of "recap" after commercials, 20 actual minutes of terrible, horribly faked content.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tivo.

7. Yep. Sadly, that is the case with most shows.

It is funny when you go to watch a normal 30min show on Vudu, and you see the actual running time is only 17-19min. And that still includes credits and shit.

That's why I can't watch regular TV. I can't even handle it when it is DVR'ed and I can fast-forward through commercials. It still breaks my concentration and then I can't get back into the show.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Back in the day when all TV was free, we had to watch commercials.
    Then they introduced cable. Sure, you had to pay for it, but it was uncensored and there were no commercials.
    Now you get to pay the equivalent of a car payment, and you get the commercials.
    We got hosed.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't pay for TV and don't watch commercials :D

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Shit, I forgot about the credits (3min), then the "preview of next weeks show (3 min)", and the opening theme with some old rock song (3 min). No we're down to about 10 minutes of actual content.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. MotoGP1199

That sounds about right, it drives me absolutely nuts. Without a DVR I couldn't watch any of it. When I watch some of the older 1 hour shows and they have a runtime of 46-50 min with out all the recap BS it gets me even more upset about new shows.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Just watched the season finale of “finding escobar’s Millions.”

Should have been called “finding holes with nothing in them.”

5axis likes this.
  13. Reminded me of Geraldo and Capone’s vault.

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Oak Island, Al Capone's vaults, Hunting Hitler, Cooper's Treasures. They never find shit. We have Geraldo to thank for all of these bullshit shows.