1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you have DirectTV... this might interest you

Discussion in 'General' started by TurboBlew, Dec 6, 2017.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I ditched DirecTV a couple years ago now (was a customer for almost 15 years) and went streaming only, but glad you guys are getting some relief from their insane prices......

2. Scooter_428

Scooter_428 Member

Thank you! Just called and she offered me $60 / month for 12 months. No contract commitment or renewal required. And that's on top of my already discounted channel pricing that I have to call and renew every 6 months. Now we will be paying less than $100 for their top package, which we of course need to watch MotoGP, BSB and MotoAmerica.

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Saw this just when they were cranking up the bill from 99 to 148. Got it back down to 85 without having to swear at people over the phone. Thanks for the tip.

4. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Here's the problem, all the TV/Internet providers suck. It's just which one is sucking the hardest at any given moment.
    No customer should have to beg or fight for discounts. If they want to reward longevity just do it.
    I have Comcast. I hate the MFers with a passion. Little choice here. Direct TV was just as bad and its internet service was abysmal when my son had it and based on the experience of a couple of local businesses.
    The providers have the customers by the short hairs and there's little we can do. I would jump on a better service in a heartbeat.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

....and $50 off for 12 mos. Finally a useful thread. :)

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The discount bucket is only so big - they can parse it out equally to all customers pro-rata or reserve it for the customers who can spare ten minutes on the phone for $600.

7. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I must have really been getting screwed the last 18 years.

I was offered $65 a month for 12 months!

8. duc995

duc995 Yep…

$50 per month for 12 months .... thank you! It was nice not having to threaten to cancel to get the discount.

TurboBlew and JBall like this.
  9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just got off the phone, I started out threatening to cancel due to not getting my local Fox channel { already getting $15 off a month for that}. After a few minutes he came back and gave me the $50 a month for 12 months discount :)

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Called yesterday and gave me $50 off but said to call back Friday to see if I can get HBO for free.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Thanks!
    Wife called and got us $80 off for 12 months with no obligation.
    Bill is down to $59 per month.., not sure of our package but we do get Bein Sports and have 3 dvrs so pretty happy to keep it another 12 months.
    Was about to ditch 'em and go to a streaming service.

Scooter_428, G Dawg and TurboBlew like this.
  12. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

For shits and giggles I gave them a jingle. Been a customer since 1997.
    Went from $150/month to $71/month.

TurboBlew and G Dawg like this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

3 DVRs? Why? Get a genie man, call back and get it for free.

G Dawg likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I really need to call this number

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I called it just now, it said the number is no longer in service :(

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, the beeb shut down a number....and I was going to call too.

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Actually my current set up is genie in main room / bedroom and complete different dish with DVR in the detached garage..., so to have all that running for $59 I'm pretty satisfied for now.

G Dawg likes this.
  18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You snooze you lose!

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup, I posted this on the Locals and my page of FB. Everyone replied back they got some sort of discount

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ever the diplomat.

G Dawg likes this.