1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male Suicide 45 to 65

Discussion in 'General' started by jrsamples, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

https://therationalmale.com/2017/12/01/men-and-suicide/

"At no other time in western history has there ever been a generation of more purposeless men. From an evolved psychological perspective, men need a function. We are innate idealists. We look outward at the world and like to imagine what could be possible. I believe there is also an innate part of our evolved mental firmware that predisposes us to problem solving and improvisation, and much of that comes as an adaptation to women’s own innate need for men who can display cues of competency."

"In some respects I can understand that despite the unprecedented connectivity we enjoy today men really don’t seek out bonds with other men. This is primarily due to the fact that men need a common purpose in order to form these bonds."

"Once a man is stripped of his usefulness, once it’s made clear that all of the equity he believed would support his relationship has been erased after so long, men will still resort to practical, deductive solutions. That solution may be suicide when weighed with the prospect of having to rebuild himself in a new context; and even if he did would he just be building a new ‘him’ based on his old belief set?"

"He showed no outward signs of emotional distress. In fact, right up to his hanging himself he was in very good spirits and seemingly accepting of the fact that the wife he lived his life for was going to be leaving him soon. He was very matter of fact in a way that men are when they’ve resolved something for themselves."

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wrong section maybe?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I was going to say that it could be the psychiatrist's, but it's unlikely. Generally these people are also pretty much basket cases...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

D&D in Pensacola had one of those listed on their FB page, pretty reasonable too...silver.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

This all seems over thought and over complicated. I don't understand or know why you would off yourself late in life. At that point you have made it through trials and tribulations. Might as well finish the ride.

Mot Okstef and Sabre699 like this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    For the record I turned 66 Sept 12
    whew, that was close

Steeltoe and Rich Graver like this.
  9. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Yes indeed
    Or fall off and bust yourself up and heal up and ride some more
    Like I plan to do (having just accomplished the first part of that)

HellrazoRR likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...different trials different tribulations. No period in your life will be immune. I don't have a personal understanding of why you would choose to exit at any point in life absent an agonizing terminal illness. Others see things differently.

Sabre699 and Captain Morgan like this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Something doesn't add up. She's concerned about her body, but kills herself. I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't understand.

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

The Rational Male? lol

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

She was hot and its sad. But the whole taking care of your body thing and getting fucked on film 270 times and your 23 years old? Maybe she should have tried yoga?

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've seen that saying on a t shirt before. I've also said it to customers once in a while.

15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Ok, I have to ask: have you every thought about killing yourself?

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

As life continues and I grow older my tendencies are more toward the homicidal rather than the suicidal.

Yokohama, BHP41, speeddaddy and 2 others like this.
  17. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I wonder if depression could be considered an occasionally terminal illness?

CMRA 270 and panthercity like this.
  18. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

i struggled a whole hell of a lot after my girlfriend took her own life.

but i made it through it and life is great. and i think seeing everyone go through everything and reach out to me was a big one.

and yeah that psychiatrist thing is the damn truth! reminds me i need to get out on the track more..

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I will concede that you have an excellent point.:D

Boman Forklift and Sabre699 like this.
  20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Be careful out there.
    5E02B76B-5FA7-450A-AA18-327322745CD0.jpeg

elevenn7, BHP41 and badmoon692008 like this.