1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All weather floor mats

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

My wife bought a new 4Runner which came with all weather floor mats.

As it turns out, they kick ass.

Would like to get them for some other vehicles, as well as an xmas gift for my father in law.

Thought Weathertech was the only way to roll, but when I searched for them on Amazon I saw 900 other vendors - some as cheap as $15.

I assume most are a generic one size fits all design that won't fit.

Hoping to save hours of internet research as certainly someone here has experience and can recommend a vendor. If nothing else, hopefully I can at least spark a good debate.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My wife’s 4Runner also came with the full set of weathertechs. My Silverado came with something similar but direct from Chevrolet. They don’t cover as much but they do trap a lot of liquid. I’ve tested them with both a gallon jug of water and with a big bowl of oatmeal that went flying when I panic braked for an indecisive squirrel.

3. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Never EVER EVER brake for a stupid squirrel. Punch the gas and run that fucker over flat as a pancake, They are nothing more than the rats of the street. :D

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

WeatherTech does not make them for my Transit Connect, so I bought Husky Liners off Amazon. They fit, but one of the holes did not line up with my OEM full mat. Not that big of a deal for my application.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Weathertechs are nice but don't believe the hype about "laser fit". They are loosey goosey in my F350.

6. Weathertech and be done with it.

7. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

3d maxspider. Nicer look, better coverage. I've had 4 sets of weather techs prior, I didn't like the ones for my wife's cx5 so I tried the 3d maxspider. The 3d are Nicer then any set of weathertechs have ever had.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had weathertech in one of my VWs and they were the shit. Only used the rear floor and trunk (didn't like the feel in the front) and after I traded in the car I sold them for almost full retail to a guy in my hood. They were awesome!

I should get the rear area one for my mazda.

9. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

I've had WeatherTechs, Husky Liners, and 3D's. the 3D's are essentially the same thing as the WeatherTechs for less money, the Husky Weather Beaters are heavier rubber mats that are contoured to the floor. For me, I put the 3Ds in my cars and Husky Weather Beaters in my truck as it see more dirt and mud.

10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I have the Husky X-act fit in my F150, and I like them better than the weathertechs I had in my 250. The rubber is softer and they are less "plasticy" than the weathertechs. Fit is similar....in that despite the hype from either company they never fit as precisely as you think they should.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  11. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Weathertech’s go in my vehicles for the simple fact that they’re made here in the USA.

BigBird likes this.
  12. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I bought a full set for the Suburban right after I bought it. Best investments EVER!

They have saved the carpet numerous times and even after 6 years of the kids and dogs beating them up they still look brand new.

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I've owned weather tech (too stiff) and Husky.

Husky goes in all my work trucks now. Contours to the floor much better.

The Husky is a BLACK black, and does not stain from grease or oil or tar. I spray degreaser on them and garden hose them off. Done.

14. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Weather techs are garbage, it’s all hyped at this point. Husky Liners are way way better. And yes, made in the USA to address a prior concern. Weather techs are thin as hell now. Give Husky Liners a try, if you don’t like them send em back

15. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I’m considering those 3D’s for the Explorer. Thanks for that tip.

16. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Weathertech on the current truck, Husky seems to be the other alternative also.

17. mkinzer

mkinzer Well-Known Member

Have Husky in my vehicles. They work well and don’t break the bank.

18. And they dump a crap ton of money into motorsports.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I buy WeatherTechs usually before I even get the vehicle. They fit perfectly in every vehicle I've ever put them in, and have great coverage.

20. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Bought Husky for my wife's edge. $250 or there about for front, full floor rear, and the cargo area. They cover the dead pedal and have a high lip to they cover more parts of the carpet.